admins
updates
It's Award Season on Incantatem. Please make nominations here.

It's also time for another Application Freebie. This month, students may be applied and accepted without the prerequisite posts required. Characters lost in the AC are not subject to this Freebie.

BIG UPDATE AHEAD! First things first - the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year is officially over! Effective June 17, 2022 (IC), students are out for summer break. Please be sure to visit the 2022 SCHOOL YEAR ADVANCEMENTS & GRADUATIONS thread to either advance your student up to the next year, get held back, or graduate into their field of choice! Additionally, if you're interested in a Quidditch, Prefect, Representative, or Head position, be sure to reply to the FALL '22-SPRING '23 STUDENT POSITIONS APPLICATION thread!

Students need not head back home just yet - the school boards have all come together to throw a end-of-the-year carnival/festival that spans from the Friday evening until Sunday afternoon (June 17th-19th, 2022). Find out more about the Summer Shindig Festival HERE! Students will then be transported back to their respective schools and may head home from there.

Additionally, the ICW has made an official PRESS RELEASE regarding the 2022 Quidditch World Cup, which will be held next month in Jamaica! Details on the festivities leading up to and surrounding this wizarding worldwide event can be found in the press release. Quidditch players wishing to be signed to the national teams competing in the Quidditch World Cup are encouraged to sign up HERE!

Don't forget to support your team in the Hogwarts vs. Ilvermorny Quidditch match.

The third SPELLCRAFT Trial has begun here. Champions get ready for a physical challenge!
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by BECKY at SHADOWPLAY. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
july top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Register your account in the following format: First Last
PLEASE CHECK OUR MEMBER LIST FIRST TO PREVENT DUPLICATE NAMES.

Add Reply
New Poll

by the end of the night // OPEN, [the leaky cauldron; summer 2021]
Aubrianna Edeson
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 12:50 AM
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Professional Quidditch Player
Female
Pure Blood
Pansexual
Flirting
Everyone
Appleby Arrows Seeker
��

It was one of those rare moments when Aubrianna Edeson was venturing out into the world alone, without someone on her arm. It was often Kate Morello, who was a lot of things in her life – her Captain, her mentor, her roommate, her partner-in-crime, but more than anything, her best friend. Unfortunately, Kate was currently off in Las Vegas, leaving Aub down her best wingwoman. Kate had promised not to have too much fun without the redhead stateside, and even went as far as predicting that the trip would be dull due to its’ professional nature. If Aub knew anything about her blonde BFF, though, it was that she was probably still somehow finding a way to live it up and have the time of her life.

Aub’s next usual go-to was her other teammate, favorite wingman, and friend who was like a brother to her (except for, you know, the occasional flirting), @[Brodie Baxter]. The Seeker had attempted to make contact with her fellow Arrow, but to no avail. She hoped that he wasn’t off having a…casual encounter or anything with that Daily Prophet chick, Brooke Hardwick, or whatever her name was. Part of Aub wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the other part of her was protective over Brodie and didn’t want to see him get hurt. Again.

Realizing that her contacts were dwindling, Aub decided to put on her big girl pants and just head out this evening solo. They were the most intimidating situations, but as social as Aub was, she rarely ever left without having somehow manufactured a good time, with or without her friends. Of course, it was always better with them…but her options were to currently curl up alone and watch some re-run on television or hit the town and try her luck. She was too young and vivacious to settle for the first option.

Though a club sounded fun, there was just far too much work involved in the process. Going clubbing meant she’d have to actually dress up, do her hair, makeup…just…ugh. She didn’t want to dedicate that sort of time to going out tonight. Instead, she opted for skinny jeans, a t-shirt, minimal makeup, and left her hair down. She didn’t look unkempt by any means, but she was certainly more on the casual side – which was fine, because as she left she and Kates’ shared flat, she decided on a rather casual location – The Leaky Cauldron.

Entering the Diagon Alley establishment, Aub’s green eyes did a quick once-over of the place, trying to see if she recognized anyone. She was hardly past crashing someone’s table, after all, dropping in unannounced if someone familiar caught her fancy. At a first glance, however, she didn’t see anyone, so she opted for an empty seat at the bar.

Flagging the bartender, the redhead ordered a Firewhiskey, sipping casually on it once received. Well...if she knew anything from her time spent in bars and from being a bit of a celebrity, it was that either a.) someone she knew would probably come along eventually, or b.) she’d be engaging in conversation with a total stranger soon enough, so she remained hopeful that this evening wouldn’t remain dull for long.

user posted image
user posted image
[ thank you HAYLEY JADE @ TDA!]
PMEmail
^
Lim Wei Man
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 03:27 PM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
select
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
Wimbourne Wasps Seeker
Underground Fighter
��

Lim Wei Man

The cheers and hollering rang all around as Lim Wei wiped the blood escaping the corner of his mouth. A mighty fast left hook had connected which caused the blood to begin to flow. Piper is going to chew him out tomorrow for sure. Lim Wei had bet on himself, which was 4 to 1 against him. He had to win, that prize money would be great to go into his funds to secure freedom. But first, the man before him had to fall. Which was turning out to be a bit of a challenge. Lim Wei could move faster than the man, but his strikes didn’t have the power to knock him down.

Only choice would be to strike his head, though that would decommission his opponent for the next few days. Oh well, a huge payday would be good to have. After he had a moment to collect himself after the left hook, Lim Wei moved onto the offensive, dashing towards his opponent and ducking under another hook coming for his face. A few strikes in quick succession to the front of the knee and followed up by a back kick to the face of his opponent.

Using this to his advantage, Lim Wei swept the legs and quickly moved atop. That was when he started to punch into the face of his opponent repeatedly, potentially breaking the nose and causing the man to have a bloodied face. A much better improvement compared to his previous look. Releasing his hold on the man, Lim Wei stood up and raised his right arm to the sky. The cheers became scattered and some turned into groans. Well, that doesn’t matter. Pushing his way through the crowd, Lim Wei made his way towards the booker for this underground fighting arena.

“Money please.” He said, a bit tired after the fight. Begrudgingly, the booker handed the Chinese Quidditch player his winnings, eight thousand dollars. “Xièxiè.” He said in Chinese, walking towards the entrance of the building. Grabbing his green jacket, Lim Wei walked into the Summer night sky. Using the sleeve of his jacket, he wiped the side of his mouth. Just to make sure all the blood was gone and the bleeding stopped. It had slowed down, but there was still a bit of blood remaining. Balls. Can’t go home just yet.

His mother would be pissed, especially if she learned what he was doing. Stuffing the brown envelope of money into his inner coat pocket, he started to walk down the street of London. But where to go? Maybe someplace that offered a drink? He could use one after that fight. He is sure he is going to have a bruise and a busted lip tomorrow. Might as well say he got drunk and into a fist fight with some punk. That would work, yea? But where to go? He didn’t feel like going someplace too crowded, someone might pick his pocket. But not somewhere dead, there had to be witnesses to what happens.

Eh, to hell with this. Lim Wei decided to just go grab a drink and see where the night takes him from here. Making his way down to Diagon Alley, Lim Wei decided to rent a room for the night. Give his mother some time alone and himself some free space. Despite living here for the past five or six years, he still found himself to having spent so little time exploring this beautiful country. Though all in good time, now he needs food and drink. And there is a few places he could do that in Diagon Alley, but he decided best to go to the Leaky Cauldron.

A fine establishment, though old and worn. It had a feeling of history to it, and it served good drink. Walking through the doors, he saw a few people. Though none too impressive. Fight idea has been thrown out the window. Walking up to the bar, he took a seat and watched as the bartender gave a fiery redhead a glass. After waiting a moment, Lim Wei acquired the attention of the barkeep. Ordering himself a Dragon Barrel Brandy. After a moment, his drink arrived. In the interim, he gazed over at the girl and squinted for a moment. She seemed familiar…

Taking a sip of his brandy, Lim Wei decided best to go talk to her and find out. Taking out some money, he placed it on the bar and slid it over to the bartender. “I’ll be paying for her drinks tonight.” He said, walking towards the girl in question. “Nǐ hǎo.” He said in his native tongue, taking a seat closer to her. “You seem familiar, have we met before?” he asked, taking another sip of his brandy.

794 - Aubrianna Edeson - O hey der

TRANSLATION
Xièxiè. - Thank you.
Nǐ hǎo. - Hello.
PM
^
Aubrianna Edeson
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:10 AM
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Female
Pure Blood
Pansexual
Flirting
Everyone
Appleby Arrows Seeker
��

Bright green eyes canvassing the establishment as she sipped on her Firewhiskey, Aub realized that it was far quieter than usual. No matter, that didn't deter her from a night out. She didn't need chaos and excitement to have a good time - it just so happened that she seemed to have more fun when those two elements were present. Ah, but she could make do without them. She could...chat with the bartender. With whom she'd shared life stories with probably twenty times or so.

She could...play this peg game sitting up at the bar for perhaps the millionth time in her life. It was a wooden one, a mental challenge, where you had to jump over pegs to clear them out of their holes until there was only one left. A million times, and she had never been able to get it down to a single peg. Sigh. Pass. She glanced around again. Hmm...maybe she could get a round of pub trivia going? Her expression was just as hopeless as the few patrons in the bar, though, when she realized who she was dealing with. Two of the always-in-here drunks and a newcomer who looked like the only reason he was in here was because he'd just been fired from his suit-and-tie job. He was a disheveled mess. Surely, nobody in his state of mind could hang for some rounds of answering questions about generally useless information. Aub heaved a sigh, propping her elbow on the bar, making a fist, and resting her head on it.

The redhead was getting ready to throw in the towel for the evening, assuming it was more than just her teammates and friends that had "better things to do." It was everyone, apparently. That was when she heard the door ring open behind her, and soon, a familiar face approached her. Just as her luck would have it, it was one of those rare ones that filled Aub with feelings of revolt and disdain. She suppressed them, however - you'd have never known judging by her exterior, which was pleasant...chipper, actually. How could one not be when at the bar? Especially when someone offers to purchase all of your libations for the evening? (Merlin, did he have any idea how much she could drink? Him under the table, probably, for starters...)

She tried to hold it in for the sake of "unity and harmony," which was what the Professional Quidditch League had been trying to promote ever since the disorder in France. Typical organized sports move in the face of tragedy. It was admirable, really, but as Aub was about to find out, there was nothing that could truly erase a centuries-old rivalry between two teams in the world of competitive Quidditch.

She couldn't hold it in any longer. As soon as he asked if he'd met her before, it all came out.

"Yeah! Most recently three weeks ago, when we kicked your ass." She bragged with a grin, extending her hand for a shake. "I'm "the other Seeker." Nabbed the Snitch just a few feet in front of you," the redhead beamed proudly. "Man, come on, my face was right in front of yours, I --- never mind - you know what, if you've chosen to forget all about it, I don't blame you. That was a rough loss," she dug further, before hitting the final nail in the coffin: "Good thing I'm on the other side of it, though. I don't know what I'd do with myself if we lost to our biggest rivals." The shit-talker in Aub was strong tonight, apparently. Then again, all it ever took was the mention or physical presence of a Wimbourne Wasp.

Though she was delighted in using the Arrows' win over the Wasps' as content for this evenings' conversation, she decided to leave work at work and allow herself to play a bit. Taking a long sip of her drink, she indicated that she was folding, raising her hand - and drink - in the air as a sort of "cheers." Or in this case, a white flag, perhaps? "I suppose I'll stick around if the drinks are on you," Aub said with a grin. The show of surrender was not all that long-lived, however, and Aub tacked on a final statement to her rival Seeker. "But no funny business, Wasp. I'm not interested in a drive-thru wedding. We're not going to end up like either of our teammates," she wagged a finger between the two of them and jabbed, a bit at Kate Morello's expense - entirely at Wesley Morello's expense (if that were even possible to split it that way - obviously she was going to have her girls' back versus her enemy's). A chuckle escaped her lips, slightly more dark than her usual bright, playful laughter.

user posted image
user posted image
[ thank you HAYLEY JADE @ TDA!]
PMEmail
^
Lim Wei Man
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 03:40 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
select
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
Wimbourne Wasps Seeker
Underground Fighter
��

Lim Wei Man

Lim Wei still had much to learn about Western Culture, as there are many things that still eluded him. Interacting with others, and how to properly socialize and greet one another. Back in China, it felt stiffer compared to this. Once couldn’t get away with half the shit they can here, such as protesting the government or talking trash against somebody. He had heard about large street fights between muggles who were apart of football clubs, which just reminded him of back home… with the Triad and Tongs. But it seemed no matter how far away he ran, he never escaped them. It seems everywhere there is conflict, and the underground fighting is just a release for some of it.

He counts himself lucky however, he hasn’t had too many run ins with the triad, even though he knows they have a small influence here in England. He’s also quite fortunate that the jerseys they wear on the field cover up most of Lim Wei’s tattoos. Sometimes it gets a bit much always having to cover up, y’know? Just cutting loose and not having to worry about who sees his many tattoos and their meaning. Using his green jacket sleeve, he wiped the corner of his mouth once more. Just trying to get rid of the last of the blood, as the bleeding is slowing down now.

As he ordered the drinks and sat down near the red/orange haired woman, Lim Wei felt he recognized her, and should’ve upon hearing more from her. Though he didn’t quite understand why she started the trash talking, what’d he ever do to her? However, he also extended his hand and grasped her’s, giving it a shake. “Ahh, now I remember. I apologize that I didn’t give you a better run for your money, as it were.” he said with a faint smile across his face. If he remembered correctly, he also had a pretty rough fight that night which he lost. Boy, that was a bad day.

“Nàme, zhìshǎo wǒ zài zhěnggè guòchéng zhōng dōu yǒu yīgè hěn hǎo de kànfǎ.” he quipped in Chinese, with a slight chuckle to himself. He wasn’t sure if she knew what he was saying or not, but he felt content in his own teasing compared to her full on assault. Though upon her continued shit talking, Lim Wei tilted his head to the side. “I’m sorry, but I’m still learning about rivalries. I don’t personally have a problem with you nor your team.” he said respectfully. Ahh, there it is. Lim Wei being all respectful to somebody who just trash talked the team he’s apart of. But he just had to keep going with that tranquility, only seems fitting as he wore a small Buddha figurine around his neck.

When she said she’ll stick around, long as the drinks are on him, Lim Wei placed his bourbon onto the counter and clapped his hands together. “Wonderful. Though I enjoy your western drinks, I must say I could die for a nice glass of baijiu right now.” he said, removing his jacket now, revealing his many tattoos along his arms. When she wagged a finger between them and said no funny business, nor drive-thru weddings, he cocked an eyebrow. “No offense, I have no intention of marrying you. You seem lovely, and like a fun girl, but I know little about you.” he said with a slight bow of his head, as an apology. Something he had to do many times growing up.

Rising his head, he had a grin on his face. “Also, mother wouldn’t approve of you, she doesn’t like the colour red.” he said with a laugh, though leaving out the fact that his mother would most likely prefer it if he found a nice Chinese girl back in Chinatown. But Lim Wei is content with his way of life, he’s still young as it were, and would like to play in the rice field as it were. “Though you seem beautifully knowledgeable, tell me about how Western Quidditch is. Back home we didn’t have these rivalries, though our fans did get heated, just like they do here I believe.” he inquired, and nodded to his own assessment of the situation. He didn’t find it to be too different, comparably. He’d just have to learn, and what better way then by asking your supposed rival?

732 - Aubrianna Edeson - Lim Wei, being respectfully flirty

Translation:
Nàme, zhìshǎo wǒ zài zhěnggè guòchéng zhōng dōu yǒu yīgè hěn hǎo de kànfǎ. = Well, at least I had a good view ahead of me the entire time.
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.