admins
updates
BIG UPDATE AHEAD! First things first - the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year is officially over! Effective June 17, 2022 (IC), students are out for summer break. Please be sure to visit the 2022 SCHOOL YEAR ADVANCEMENTS & GRADUATIONS thread to either advance your student up to the next year, get held back, or graduate into their field of choice! Additionally, if you're interested in a Quidditch, Prefect, Representative, or Head position, be sure to reply to the FALL '22-SPRING '23 STUDENT POSITIONS APPLICATION thread!

Students need not head back home just yet - the school boards have all come together to throw a end-of-the-year carnival/festival that spans from the Friday evening until Sunday afternoon (June 17th-19th, 2022). Find out more about the Summer Shindig Festival HERE! Students will then be transported back to their respective schools and may head home from there.

Additionally, the ICW has made an official PRESS RELEASE regarding the 2022 Quidditch World Cup, which will be held next month in Jamaica! Details on the festivities leading up to and surrounding this wizarding worldwide event can be found in the press release. Quidditch players wishing to be signed to the national teams competing in the Quidditch World Cup are encouraged to sign up HERE!

Don't forget to support your team in the Hogwarts vs. Ilvermorny Quidditch match.

The third SPELLCRAFT Trial has begun here. Champions get ready for a physical challenge!
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by BECKY at SHADOWPLAY. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
june top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Add Reply
New Poll

on that 3 stripe adidas shit -- WIP, get you a gopnik bish
Liam Gaines
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 06:21 PM
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Professional Quidditch Player
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Allllllll the ladies
Tutshill Tornados Beater
��

So, WTF is this all about, you might be asking?

Well, to be honest, it started as a sort of joke between Shark and myself, to make some Gopnik characters on the site. Considering my sort of...fascination...with Eastern European culture - Gopniks, specifically, I thought to myself, "hey, this actually might not be a bad idea to build a few characters to be a part of the same pack." Seeing as Durm would be the geographical location to satisfy their schooling - and I both love Durm AND they need students like baaaaad, here I am.

First things first - what's a gopnik, you ask? "Gopnik is a pejorative stereotype describing a particular subculture in Russia, Ukraine, and other former Soviet republics to refer to young men or women of sometimes lower-class suburban areas coming from families of poor education and income." Gopniks are usually associated with Adidas tracksuits, drinking vodka, smoking cigarettes (perhaps getting their hands on other drugs). Raves are awesome, and crime may or may not be a part of everyday life.

Granted, as you read on, you might realize that this stereotype doesn't necessarily apply to all four of the boys below - most likely Ruri and Milen in particular, but that's alright. I headcanon that Kas and Laz probably were the first two to come together to form this little group here - conveniently, they're also the two poorest of the group. I feel that Ruri isn't so far beyond them socioeconomically to count him out - they were probably into the same music, all liked vodka, smoking cigarettes - whatever - and came together pretty organically. Milen is definitely the odd one out, but he can, at times, act like Laz's lapdog, and has proven his loyalty to the group (in ways TBD lol), so he's...an exception. That being said, the other three are probably often quick to shoot insults at him if he gets too spry, lol

Your next question is probably...what do they do? Currently, they're all four students at Durmstrang - probably getting up to no good, hustling, causing their Professors headaches, cursing in the hallways, smoking in the courtyard, drinking cheap vodka that got smuggled in under the Quidditch bleachers, roughing one another up (and others) at Quidditch. Some, if not all four of them, are probably in Ulveflokk. They're Durmstrang's resident "bad boys" (ok, well, maybe not Milen so much), getting away with as much as they can without actually getting expelled. Because let's face it, none of them (again, except for Milen) probably have anything worth going back to, so they'd like to stay at school if they can help it...for now, anyway.

Another potential plot device that I've recently realized would be neat is if all four of them share an interest (besides their current ones, like Quidditch, music, shooting the shit with some cigarettes down in the forest, or vodka) and take up a special ability, such as Occlumency, Legilmency, or training to become Animagi. Ruri and Milen probably have the natural inclination to do these things - Laz would definitely want in on it, and would employ their help - and of course, Kas doesn't want to be the odd man out, so he'd ask for their help too. XD

gopnik

takeover

kasimir dimitri ivanov

stolen by SHARK

the brawn -- 5th or 6th year hvergelmir

Kas perfectly fits the "troubled youth" trope. He might be a bit of a bully, and love to fight - with or without a purpose. Despite his shortcomings, he's a loyal young lad, and would do anything for his crew, no questions asked.

random musings and shit: Probably closest to Laz and/or Ruri, but probably butts heads a lot with Laz. Definitely poor/lower class. 1000% plays Quidditch, maybe even Captain yo

16-17 / yuri pleskun

rurik anton popovic

stolen by CRYSTAL

the brains -- 5th or 6th year mim or urd

Rurik is definitely the smartest of the crew - if there's a half-hatched idea (which there's probably a lot of), he's the one that can really make a plan come together. He is loyal to the other boys, but is a bit more self-preserving in that he won't blindly follow them into situations that he does not see going well.

random musings and shit: Half Blood or maybe even Pure Blood, probably from a lower to middle class family. plays Quidditch, maybe even Captain yo (if Mim if it's open (it wasn't last year so it would be a new thing this year)...if he's Urd then probs no, bc Laz is def Capt material for them lol)

15-16 / cole mohr

laszlo vladimir yegorov

stolen by COR

the ringleader -- 5th or 6th year urd

Every group needs a leader, and Laz is definitely this ones'. Ambitious AF, he comes up with most of the plans (which Ruri then details them a bit better, or points out how they won't work). What sets Laz aside from the others is that he is loyal first and foremost to himself, and he will indeed set off to achieve a goal, with or without his brothers banding behind him.

random musings and shit: Angry, moody, broody. Pessimist. Probs lower-middle class, maybe not as poor as Kas but idk. def plays Quidditch, probably Captain if it's open (it wasn't last year so it would be a new thing for this year). I can DEFINITELY see him practicing something like Occlumency or Legilmency or training to become an Animagus, perhaps even shares whichever ability with Ruri and they train together/Ruri helps him OMG I JUST GOT THIS COOL IDEA WHAT IF THEY ALL ARE ANIMAGI HOLY SHIT HOLD ON THIS THREAD IS UNDER SUCH HARD CONSTRUCTION NOW

16-17 / ash stymest

milen ivan fedoruk

the damage control -- 5th or 6th year (likely younger than the majority) mim

In some ways, Milen fits in - he's willing to do whatever the other three are sticking their noses in our getting up to - but in others, he doesn't. He's from an affluent Pure Blood wizarding family, and definitely doesn't have the socioeconomic woes that the other boys have or do face. That being said, he's a bit more polished around the edges and is certainly the most charming, which comes in handy when he and his friends need help out of a sticky situation. He's certainly more of a follower than a leader, which Laz particularly enjoys.

random musings and shit: Maybe not rich AF but headed there, definitely doesn't go without. Prestigious Pure Blood family, has some class about him. Gets good grades, his Professors are probably like why tf do you hang out with these kids pls stop getting in trouble. Plays Quidditch ofc bc his friends do, why wouldn't he? He's probably really good at it too, like, totes headcanon he grew up playing and could probably show up even Laz, which Laz totally hates. He's not super leader-y tho so I don't see him going for Captain tbh. Possibly a Prefect if it's open, also probably uses it to cover the others' asses lol

15-16 / luke worrall

user posted image
user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIM
^
Aj Blackbourne
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:23 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Hogwarts: Hufflepuff
Male
Pure Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
Fifth Year
��

<.<
>.>
-steals Kas-

GOPNIK MARAUDERS

no shame
PM
^
Liam Gaines
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 01:59 AM
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Allllllll the ladies
Tutshill Tornados Beater
��

...-takes Laz-

user posted image
user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIM
^
Finley Delacroix
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 02:05 AM
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Hogwarts: Gryffindor
Female
Muggle Born
Bisexual
Single
none
Sixth Year
Prefect
The Thaumaturgic Thespians - Actress
��

-sneaks in-
I'm just going to...>.>
-steals Ruri-
<.<

he's mine now...

I needs him.
this plot sounds too awesome, can't resist, okay.

k thx bai

user posted image
PM
^
Admin Cor
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 03:06 AM
Cor27HSTmature? Yes •
Admin
Female
Pure Blood
Bisexual
Married
Kyle
Lazy Admin
��

OH NO

I'M BACK

WITH MORE OPTIONS

...because we need some GOPNITSAS <3

^ This rad ass chick is Nataliya "Taliya" Katrin Petrenko (FC: Charlotte Free). She's going to be Laz's (well, primarily) romantic interest. Basically, I have ideas, all which equate to drama. She probably has a history rife with TRIGGER WARNINGS and their relationship is basically one big TRIGGER WARNING, so if that makes you uncomfortable, then she might not be the right character for you. D: However, if you want some toxic relationship/bullshit/drama and are maybe ok with her being a young parent I mean idk what did you hear something then hit me up fam

^ I don't have a name for her (FC: Cara Delevingne) or many ideas really but Shark may have some ideas/requests pertaining to his char Zhenya lol idk I JUST THOUGHT HER FACE WOULD MAKE A GOOD LADY OF THE GOPOTA.

PMEmail
^
Callisto Luxe
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 12:57 PM
Knight21ESTmature? Ask •
Hogwarts: Hufflepuff
Female
Half Blood
Bisexual
Single
None
Seventh Year
��

hello I'm here & absolutely sold on the Cara Delevingne char patience is not my strong suit and I love this plot and her
PM
^
Eliana Ostergard
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 12:59 PM
Macey24ESTmature? Yes •
St. Mungo's Staff
Female
Pure Blood
Bisexual
Single
None
St. Mungo's Potioneer-in-Training
Business Owner
Alchemist-in-Training
��

*steals Taliya*
PM
^
Lillian Collins
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 11:25 PM
ria23korean standard timemature? Yes •
St. Mungo's Staff
Female
Half Blood
Pansexual
Flirting
Janus Thickey Ward Healer-in-Charge
��

imma snag up milen~

user posted image
PM
^
Liam Gaines
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 01:47 AM
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Allllllll the ladies
Tutshill Tornados Beater
��

YAAAASSSSSS WELCOME TO THE GOPOTA EVERYONE <333

user posted image
user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.