admins
updates
Don't forget to support your team in the Hogwarts vs. Ilvermorny Quidditch match.
The third SPELLCRAFT Trial has begun here. Champions get ready for a physical challenge!

First and foremost, thank you all for your patience as we've been down an administrator while Cor has taken a break to address some real life problems. <3 All hail Lacey for holding down the fort as the lone admin for the past 1-2 months! The Activity Check is officially over! If you've lost a character, be sure to visit the ACTIVITY CHECK thread to find out how to get them back.

Happy New Year, Tatem! We're kicking off 2018 with a site wide ACTIVITY CHECK! Be sure to save your characters by February 2, 2018!

We are going to begin opening up to new members and the public! Please excuse our mess as we still finish transferring things from the Proboards site. Information pages are slowly, but surely being transferred over. If there are any incorrect tags, missing information, misaligned tables, broken code, or anything odd in general, please contact Admin Cor.

Under massive construction! Please begin transferring your accounts, applications, and threads to the new Jcink site from Proboards.
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by HOLLY at CAUTION. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
apr. top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Add Reply
New Poll

A Drop in the Ocean, Ben & Daniela Letters
Daniela Fuentes
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:26 PM
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Ilvermorny: Wampus
Female
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Ben Clarke
Sixth Year
Wampus Quodpot Captain & Chaser
Quidditch Club
��

Dear Ben,

Hey there friend! How's merry old England? Or wait, you're in Scotland now, aren't you? Sorry it’s taken me a while to respond to your letter, fifth year has started off a lot tougher than I was expecting. I probably should have known, what with OWLs coming up, but for some reason I thought they’d ease us into it. Plus, I have some news! But more on that later.

Well, I’m glad your summer ended a bit better than it started. I know I always hated it when Laura would spend more time with her boyfriend than me, and we aren’t as close in age as you and Cooper. But hey, at least school is back now, and you can be around your friends too. Those Hufflepuffs sound like quite the bunch. Do you think I’d be one if I went there? Or would we have to sneak out late if we wanted to talk like we do in our letters?

So, I told you I had some news about what was taking up all of my time lately. Drum roll, please… I made Quodpod captain this year! It’s probably going to piss off some of the older players, but I worked damn hard for it so they can just deal. I attached a photo my friend snapped of the first practice in all my captain glory so you could see for yourself. I put in a ton of time in October getting ready for this season, but now I’ll have a lot more time to write.

How did your tryouts go for Quidditch? Did you make the team? I know how hard you worked, so I kept my fingers crossed for you for all of September. But hey, if you didn’t then don’t give up. I KNOW you’ll get it.

Speaking of October, what did you do for Halloween? Our school organized this whole field trip to Salem for us. It’s not that far away, but I’ve actually never been. It was all historical and stuff, but they also organized a seance with the witches from back when, which was neat. Also a little weird, I don’t really think they like being dead as much as the ghosts you’ve told me about at Hogwarts do. Maybe they just haven’t had enough time to get used to it.

I’ve got to run to class, but I promise I’ll be more prompt from now on. You better too!

Yours,

Dani

user posted image

user posted image
Sig by
PMEmail
^
Ben Clarke
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:26 PM
Lina??MSTmature? select •
Hogwarts: Hufflepuff
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Daniela Fuentes
Sixth Year
Prefect
Hufflepuff Chaser
Herbology Club Member
Potions Club Member
��

Hey Dani!

It’s always great to hear from you! I’m sorry to hear that things started out tough for you. I’m dreading the OWLs, too, but my mom seems to think I’m going to do well. I guess we’ll see, huh? I know how you feel though. Seems they have been shoving that stuff down our throats here, too.

Being back in school definitely help. I still miss my brother but at least there are other people around to take my time and energy. But you? A Hufflepuff? I seriously doubt it. You’re bold and athletic, you would most likely be a Gryffindor like my brother. I honestly thought I would be a Gryffindor, too, when I first came here but, well, I guess I don’t have what it takes. I wonder if you came to school here would we still be friends? I would totally be yours still. To answer your other question, we might have to sneak off if it were late and we wanted to talk, but I’d totally risk getting into trouble just to talk to you in person.

You made CAPTAIN!! Wow! Congratulations! As your English friend who knows very little about the sport, I am still VERY proud of you! Who cares if it upsets others? You worked hard and you earned it! You must send me a photo of you in your jersey with the Captain’s C on there! Thanks for the photo! I like it when you send them to me. You look totally ready for Quadpot action. Maybe someday I could see you in all your glory. I’d love to catch a game!

Quidditch tryouts didn’t exactly go as expected. I just made it as a reserve player. Maybe I’ll get to play some this year. I’d love to be as half as good as my brother but I guess I’m not. I guess Quidditch might not be where I belong either? Gotta keep looking.

Halloween was fun. We had a huge festival in Hogsmeade. There were carnival games, a haunted house tour, rides and a costume contest! I didn’t win but I participated. I dressed up as a pirate. Did you dress up? That Salem thing sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Do you have any big plans for the holidays coming up? Far as I know we’re just going to be at home. My brother’s girlfriend will probably be there again. You could probably expect a boring letter from me every day. Fair warning.

My mom sent me a bunch of candy so I decided to send you some. I hope you get it and nobody else snatches it away. If you get it, then enjoy! I can’t wait to hear from you again. Have fun on the pitch and be safe.

Your Pal,

Ben
PM
^
Daniela Fuentes
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:27 PM
Female
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Ben Clarke
Sixth Year
Quidditch Club
��

Dear Ben,

I’m sure you’ll do GREAT on the OWLs. Remember how you mastered Cheering Charms before me last year? You’ll blow them out of the water, dude. Just don’t doubt yourself, and you’ll be great. Me, on the other hand, I’m not so sure about. My parents are expecting for me to get at least As, but they’d prefer Es. So that’s my goal, even if I need to cut a couple practices short to get some homework in. Of course, gotta make time for my pen pal too!

Well, all I can say about Cooper is that you two are brothers. No matter what else is going on, you’re each other’s first and last friend. My sister and I are too far apart in age to be bffs, but she’s always there for me. He’s distracted right now, but from everything you’ve told me about your family, if you needed him he’d be there in a snap. It’s good though, that you have your friends back. I know I missed mine over the summer.

Really, a Gryffindor? I’ll take your word for it, haha. But Cooper would have a run for his money on the Quidditch team if that was the case. I’m very competitive. But it doesn’t sound like Hufflepuff is not a good house, so I don’t know what you mean by “have what it takes.” You’re a Hufflepuff, not anything else. Personally, I love my house and wouldn’t have picked another if I could have. Let’s see, what would you be if you went to Ilvermorny… I think I’d put you in Pukwudgie. Don’t tell any of them I said this, but they are probably the sweetest. Like you.

Of course we would be friends, silly. I have a lot of friends not in my house, and I definitely can’t imagine not knowing you. And getting in trouble doesn’t worry me.

Thanks! My sister was captain before she graduated, so it makes me super proud to have gotten it too. My parents got me a new broom for my birthday to celebrate. Not like a GREAT top of the line broom, of course, but it’s new and better than my old one so I’m still super excited about it. I don’t have any more Quadpot pics yet, so have a random goofy shot:

user posted image

You made the team though! That’s still worth a big congratulations! I’m so proud of you. I’m sure you’ll get to play this year, so just go all out and show them you’re worth first string.

OMG, your Halloween sounds so much more fun than ours. I’m jealous, haha. No, I didn’t dress up. If you’ve got any shots of you as a pirate though, I’d love to see them. I don’t think we’re doing anything special for Christmas; probably I’ll just go back to New Mexico and spend it with my family. We do the whole tree and gifts on Christmas morning thing, usually with some kind of meal involved. It varies, depending on it my mom wants to make breakfast or lunch. Then we just kind of chill the rest of the day. Do you guys do anything special?

Well, I better wrap up this letter since I’m getting toward the end of the page. Can’t wait until your next letter.

Yours,
Dani

PS I kept all the candy for myself, it was delicious. Thank you, and thank your mom too!

user posted image
Sig by
PMEmail
^
Ben Clarke
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:28 PM
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Daniela Fuentes
Sixth Year
Prefect
Hufflepuff Chaser
Herbology Club Member
Potions Club Member
��

Hi Dani!

First of all, charms are easy! Second, I still think you might be overthinking some of that a little. But thanks, and YOU! Don't be doubting yourself either! I'm sure you'll find the perfect balance between quodpot and studying. If my brother can do it, you can! I understand if you can't write to me as often though anymore. Being captain is a lot of work, just don't forget about me! By the way, sorry this letter is coming a little late. How is school and quodpot going?

I guess you're right about Coop. I just miss hanging out with him, you know? But I also don't feel like I can just tell him that either. I'm sure I'll get some kind of excuse anyway. He'a all about Gabby now... I do know how you feel about friends. I missed my friends over the summer for sure but it was also great knowing you were just a letter away, too! I love writing to you.

Don't get me wrong. I love being in Hufflepuff and my Hufflepals are amazing, I just thought... I don't know, I guess I just thought that I would be put in the house that was more like the person I wanted to be instead of who I was... I don't think that makes much sense. I just want want to be brave and cool like my brother. Sooo, I had to do a double take on the house you would sort me in. At first I was like “Puk-a-what?!” and thought that was a strange word but it's no stranger than Hufflepuff is to you, I'm sure!

Thanks for thinking I'm sweet! You're too nice. My mom always tells me that I'm sweet, too.

Hey! Congrats on the new broom! It's better than not having one, right? And at least its ALL yours! Thank you for the picture! I think this is definitely one of my favorites so far. I feel like we would do a lot of laughing, goofing off and maybe get into a bit of trouble if we went to the same school. I wish we did!

Your Christmas sounds nice and relaxed. We all together on Christmas, The Clarke's and The Santiago's and we just have a big long day. We do presents and food. As you know I like to help my mom cook and now that I'm getting older I get to help more and more. I'm excited for this year, Grandma Santiago said she would teach me some family secrets! We also, every year, end up having a HUGE snowball fight, which of course gets us all frozen to the bones, then we go inside and get warm by the fire and drink cocoa and talk. It's really nice and my favorite part of the holiday. What's New Mexico like? Do you get much snow there? Our family lives on a pretty good sized property with lots of space and grass and trees (when it isn't snowing!).

Hey! I'm glad you liked the candy. If my mom sends me some extra I'll be sure to share again. One of the girls in my house let me help her bake some snicker doodles so I packed some up for you. Hope you like them! Can't wait for your next letter.

Your Pal,
Ben
PM
^
Daniela Fuentes
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:28 PM
Female
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Ben Clarke
Sixth Year
Quidditch Club
��

Dear Ben,

School and Quadpot are going great. Wampus is really looking good this year, though it's still a while before playoffs so anything can happen. How is your season going? Hufflepuff kicking ass yet? I'm sure they are.

How was your Valentine's Day? Spend it with any special girl? As your long distance friend, I need to be kept apprised of these things. Our school throws this lame dance every year, but I didn't go. It sounded kind of like a couple fest, and all the boys here are totally not interesting.

I really think you should give Cooper a chance. If he knows about how you feel and still chooses not to hang out with you, well then he's a bigger dummy than I give him credit for. I don't know, that's just my advice. I’d like to think if I told Lauren that, she’d come around. But hey, if your dummy of a big brother can’t see how awesome you are, you’re always welcome to write to me. I love your letters; they are always a treat that I can barely wait to get.

You are brave and cool, you goof! Too cool for Gryffindor, it sounds like. You just remember that.

Since you like my photos so much, here’s another:

user posted image

How about sending me one of you this time?

Oh my gosh, that sounds so fun! It doesn’t snow often enough in New Mexico, though it does a lot at Ilvermorny. I don’t usually stay there for Christmas though. Usually I’m at home. My sister comes home for the holiday too; it’s really nice. If you ever come to the US, you have to come see for yourself.

I love snicker doodles! Thank you so much. I can’t cook to save my life, so I sent you some of the chocolates my sister sent me.

Write soon!

Love,
Dani

user posted image
Sig by
PMEmail
^
Ben Clarke
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:29 PM
Male
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Flirting
Daniela Fuentes
Sixth Year
Prefect
Hufflepuff Chaser
Herbology Club Member
Potions Club Member
��

Hey Dani,

Hello again! How are you? Sorry for the late reply on my letter!

Hufflepuff is having a great season and we are on track to taking it this year. We are pretty neck and neck with Gryffindor. They have a new seeker this year and she is pretty good. She also just happens to be the little sister of our seeker, Tyler. Talk about competitive! They're both great but I think Ty has her beat.

Valentine's Day? No, no... no special girl here. We had a dance here, too, but I didn't bother going. Last thing I need is to see my brother and his girlfriend all over each other. I totally feel you on that... But if you were here we probably could have gone together... you know, as friends.

I still haven't talked to Cooper yet. He's always busy with school and quidditch and dueling club. Plus his girlfriend. Maybe he's just going to outgrow me. That's a thing, right? People grow apart and all that nonsense. Anyway, I still want to try with him. We'll just have to see what happens.

And hey, I will always do my best to find time to write to you. I love your letters as well and I'll continue to write to you as much as I can. Thanks for the photo! I love these, too! I found a picture to send you! Or rather, I asked my mom for a picture and she made me a copy of this one. If I remember right, my brother took this one last summer. I was hoping my mom would find something with me and my dog Kiwi. She's super sweet and I think you would really like her. I know she would like you.

user posted image

I would love to come see New Mexico! You should come see it up here. Especially in the winter. Everything just feels so clean and pure when it snows for the first time. Thank you for the chocolates by the way. This is probably the only thing I have saved fro myself and not shared. You're the best!

Again, I'm sorry this letter took so long to write. I hope you forgive me and still write back! Take care of yourself.

Always,
Ben
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.