admins
updates
Happy New Year, Tatem! We're kicking off 2018 with a site wide ACTIVITY CHECK! Be sure to save your characters by February 2, 2018!

We are going to begin opening up to new members and the public! Please excuse our mess as we still finish transferring things from the Proboards site. Information pages are slowly, but surely being transferred over. If there are any incorrect tags, missing information, misaligned tables, broken code, or anything odd in general, please contact Admin Cor.

Under massive construction! Please begin transferring your accounts, applications, and threads to the new Jcink site from Proboards.
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by HOLLY at CAUTION. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
dec. top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Add Reply
New Poll

In Soviet Russia, Letters Write You, Dana & Avery
Avery Mathis
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 03:23 PM
Callie25Centralmature? Yes •
Wizarding Adult
Female
Muggle Born
Heterosexual
It's Complicated
@Brax Crawford
Unemployed
Seer
��

Hello Pen Pal,
I'm Avery and I'm a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts. I've never had a pen pal before so I'm sorry if it seems a little awkward, but I just don't know what to write. I suppose I could tell you a bit about Hogwarts. It's a stunning castle located in Scotland and is surrounded by a forest (filled with the craziest of creatures of course), a gigantic lake (also... odd creatures), and a view that is to die for! Hopefully you'll get a chance to see it for yourself sometime.

And now a bit about me, I suppose. I'm a 7th year here and I honestly have no clue what I will be doing once I'm done here, all I know is it won't be here. What's Russia like? It would be nice to visit some day.

Well, I suppose I will cut this letter short. I can't wait to hear all about you!

Your Friend,
Avery Mathis
p.s. I've included a photo of myself so that you can see who you're writing to.
PM
^
Dana Petrov
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Durmstrang: Mímisbrunnr
Female
Half Blood
Unknown
Single
n/a
Seventh Year
Prefect
Mímisbrunnr Captain
Mímisbrunnr Beater
Kevala Rudhira Member
��

Hello Avery Mathis ,

I’m Dana Petrov from Durmstrang Institute. To be honest, I’m quite new to this pen pal thing as well. My school had a thing for us all to sign up, and I did mostly out of curiosity to be honest. That and one of my Professors thought it might be good for me to try and make new friends. Ugh… I think they think I spend too much time studying or something.

So Hogwarts sounds like a nice place, truthfully speaking. I wouldn’t mind hiking through the forest if I ever get the chance to visit. Strange creatures I can deal with. We have a few here too. Magical creatures that live around the mountains surrounding the area. A dragon flew over the school the other day, and it was a rather stunning sight to behold. I don’t say that lightly either. It was one of those moments where I was glad not to have been cooped up indoors.

As for Durmstrang itself, you are mistaken about it being in Russia. The school is actually in Scandinavia, though its exact location is unknown even to us students. It’s surrounded by mountains that guard the exact entrance into the school. We also have a rather lovely forest, one that is also inhabited by creatures. I often find myself going for a hike through the trees, whenever I need to escape the sometimes dull environment within the Institute.

A seventh year, huh? If you were to attend Durmstrang, then you would be my upperclassman. I’m a sixth year, and I recently turned 17 back in March. My native language is Bulgarian, but fortunately I have been able to learn some basic English. That and Norwegian, as it’s kind of required for us to learn it here. While I doubt there’s any way for you to tell, I am writing this letter in Bulgarian. The professors decided to teach everyone a simple spell to translate our words into whatever the native language is of our pen pals. So lucky for you this should be rather easy to read. Don’t worry I can read English alright, so there’s no need for you to do the same if you don’t wish to do so. Besides I wouldn’t mind improving my English through reading it, so if we do keep in contact that might be a nice perk. I think I’ll forget to charm my name at the end when I sign, so that way you can see what the Bulgarian written language looks like. Consider it a gift.

I don’t know what else to say. I answered your questions, maybe even spattered on for a bit too long. I also have an essay that needs my attention.

Signed,

Дана Петрова

P.S. It seems only fair I include a photo of myself, so you can also know who you’re writing to.

--------------------
user posted image
pretty siggie by Bach @ Shadowplay
PM
^
Avery Mathis
Wizarding Adult
Female
Muggle Born
Heterosexual
It's Complicated
@Brax Crawford
Unemployed
Seer
��

Dear Dana,
Merlin's beard! So sorry about mistaking where Durmstrang is located. It sounds like a beautiful, but chilling, place to visit. The grounds here are unfortunately forbidden (It's even called the "Forbidden Forest") so no one is allowed to walk through there. Seeing a dragon must have been breathtaking! The coolest creature I've ever seen would probably be a pixie, so I'm missing out on a lot. Unlike you, it seems. Where do you typically spend your summers? I usually hang around in Scotland, but after graduation the world will be mine! I'll have the advantage of seeing as many creatures as I'd like.

I would love to know the spell to read other languages! Would be great to learn anything other than English as well. If you need help in that department, consider me your gal!

I should probably send this letter out. With the end of the year coming up quickly I found myself procrastinating more and more lately. There's definitely a reason I am not a Ravenclaw (Wit).

Have a great week,
Avery Mathis

p.s. You're very beautiful!
PM
^
Dana Petrov
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 03:24 PM
Female
Half Blood
Unknown
Single
n/a
Seventh Year
Prefect
Mímisbrunnr Captain
Mímisbrunnr Beater
Kevala Rudhira Member
��

Hello Avery Mathis,

It’s okay. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people mistake the school’s location. Our founders wanted it to be difficult to locate, which leads to many people mistakenly identifying its whereabouts. Probably doesn’t help that the school accepts people from as far as Russia either. I guess you could say the castle is chilling. I’ve never really thought about it that way. Maybe because I’m used to it. The grounds however, are rather pleasing to look at. And being surround by mountains, there’s plenty of trails for hiking and climbing up the paths in order to find a decent view.

It’s unfortunate to hear that your forest is forbidden. It may be for a good reason, but I often find hiking through a forest can be kind of liberating. It allows for a calming escape away from the noisy interior of a castle. Dragons are actually a rare sight. Many may make their home within mountains, but it isn’t common to see one very often. In fact, I doubt another will be seen for the rest of the year. I don’t know what creatures live around you, but perhaps one day you’ll see something more interesting than a pixie. Though they’re supposed to be rather mischievous creatures, so hopefully you didn’t fall for any of its tricks.

During the summer I usually return home to Bulgaria. My father still doesn’t think I’m quite ready to travel alone, so I doubt I’ll be seeing much outside my country anytime soon. Well anything besides Durmstrang, of course. I think he travels frequently to the U.K to meet with some friends of his, so maybe I’ll try to persuade him to let me tag along some time. It might be nice seeing a new part of the world. If not then I’ll probably spend most my time wandering the city, or the small village not to far away from my family home. Only time will tell I guess.

I will write the translating spell on the back of this letter, so you may practice it. It should be a useful one to learn. I should probably stop writing now, end of the year exams is steadily approaching and I have a lot of studying to do. I don’t think I mentioned it, but I’m a Mímisbrunnr, which judging from what you wrote might be similar the house Ravenclaw at your school.

Good luck with your exams,

Dana Petrov

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Avery Mathis
Wizarding Adult
Female
Muggle Born
Heterosexual
It's Complicated
@Brax Crawford
Unemployed
Seer
��

Dana Iliana Petrov ,
I'm so so sorry for not writing you back sooner. Final exams were absolutely awful and I needed to spend a large portion of my time studying. I was just beginning to pack my trunk for the last time at Hogwarts when I found your first letter. I remember just how excited I was to learn all about another country and school, but it's never too late! I have decided to take some time off after graduating to do some soul searching. I have to admit, a guy did have something to do with it. His name is Brax and he made me feel... special. Isn't that how it always goes. He helped me to step out of my comfort zone, to show me that I can face anything, but apparently that was a lie. The second I started to slow down he stormed off! That's not even the worse part... I confronted him. Very publicly might I add. He told me that none of it meant anything, that he was just using me because he was bored. Asshole.

Anyway, So I've decided to travel around Europe and thought that I would make my way over to you! It would be great to finally meet and learn everything about you in person! I'm sorry if this letter is a little more personal than you'd probably expect, and honestly I don't blame you if you didn't respond.

Hope your exams went well for you! Cheers to the future and a fresh start.

Your friend,
Avery
PM
^
Dana Petrov
Female
Half Blood
Unknown
Single
n/a
Seventh Year
Prefect
Mímisbrunnr Captain
Mímisbrunnr Beater
Kevala Rudhira Member
��

Dear Avery Mathis,

I’m sorry for the late response. Like you I got caught up in end of the year exams, and I felt a duty to perform my best on them. My O.W.Ls were this year, so I hope you understand the importance. I don’t know when you take them at Hogwarts, but here we take them in our sixth year. And once exams were over I sort of forgot replying. I am confident they went well, though. I fear I may have struggled more in my potions one that I would have liked, but I don’t think I did terribly.

Summer is here now, and I’m back at home in Ruse, Bulgaria. As much as I hate to admit it, I feel my Papa is somewhat to thank for this response. I had found your letter after having a bitter argument with him and his new wife. I don’t know… but after reading over it once more I felt that I should reply. That I needed to talk to someone friendlier, who wouldn’t get mad at me for being weak or doing pointless things.

I don’t know if you want to hear it, but that Brax guy sounds like a zadnik for sure. An asshole. I’ve never had a boyfriend, but he sounds like the kind of guy I’d want to punch in the face. But don’t let it upset you too much. Stay strong.

I must admit I am a little jealous that you’re traveling around Europe. Though if you happen to be around Ruse, Bulgaria feel free to let me know. I know of a sweets shop that you might like to visit. It sells some of the best chocolates in the country.

I will be traveling to the U.K this July. There’s a quidditch camp being held at your school, and they invited international students to attend. So, if you need to head back home maybe we can find a way to meet up before I return home.

Hope your summer is going well.

Sincerely,

Dana Iliana Petrov

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Avery Mathis
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 10:25 AM
Wizarding Adult
Female
Muggle Born
Heterosexual
It's Complicated
@Brax Crawford
Unemployed
Seer
��

12 May, 2021
Dana,
I hope your summer is treating you well and that your exams went well. I’m currently is Norway! With no clue what I wanted to do and nowhere to call home I figured that backpacking through Europe would be a great place to start. I’m heading to the Netherlands next and then possibly Bulgaria? I would love to finally be able to meet you! I expect that I should be in the area no later than the beginning of June.

I have to admit I’m a little nervous. I’ve heard of some magical folk going missing around France... muggle parents might have been the cause... and I hope that I don’t come face to face with anyone who might.. I don’t know. Anyway, Norway is absolutely stunning, but I’m sure you know all about that from school.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Your Humble Traveler
Avery

NOTE: any owls after this will not find Avery.
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.