admins
updates
Don't forget to support your team in the Hogwarts vs. Ilvermorny Quidditch match.
The third SPELLCRAFT Trial has begun here. Champions get ready for a physical challenge!

First and foremost, thank you all for your patience as we've been down an administrator while Cor has taken a break to address some real life problems. <3 All hail Lacey for holding down the fort as the lone admin for the past 1-2 months! The Activity Check is officially over! If you've lost a character, be sure to visit the ACTIVITY CHECK thread to find out how to get them back.

Happy New Year, Tatem! We're kicking off 2018 with a site wide ACTIVITY CHECK! Be sure to save your characters by February 2, 2018!

We are going to begin opening up to new members and the public! Please excuse our mess as we still finish transferring things from the Proboards site. Information pages are slowly, but surely being transferred over. If there are any incorrect tags, missing information, misaligned tables, broken code, or anything odd in general, please contact Admin Cor.

Under massive construction! Please begin transferring your accounts, applications, and threads to the new Jcink site from Proboards.
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by HOLLY at CAUTION. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
apr. top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Add Reply
New Poll

Winter and Spring, Helena
Osgar
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 08:22 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

Seasons change, people stop and gaze in wonder at the changing of seasons. One might think in all these years, Osgar would’ve stopped paying attention to the ever-changing seasons, or the people reacting to them. Yet from his home, an apartment complex he precured many, many years ago he looked down and watched in amazement at the people. Running and playing, stopping to look at the beautiful trees that grew and the plants that arose within their city designated spot.

Yet still Osgar was fascinated by them. Back when he was considered to being part of the living, they never really had the luxury to stop and smell the flowers, as it were. He had to tend to the farm, look after his family, fight in another man’s war and die. His life, though long and full of wonder, was also full of despair and sorrow.

But Osgar tries and stay focused on the positive in his life. There is so much, and he has it all written down. The tough times too, but that is the point of a memoir, is it not? To write down the good and the bad, and to revisit it whenever you so choose? Turning away from the window, he walked towards the bookcase that ran the span of twenty feet long and ten feet high. It ran the length and height of the room, and it was filled with all his memories. He felt it was necessary, to keep it all there. Who knows when his clan might need to revisit the past and learn from it.

His experiences helped shape who he is today, though he does have some challenging time catching up with the times. He has yet to purchase a television that everyone seems to be yammering on about. He also still has a rotary phone, just off to the side atop a stack of medical books, which are more recent then anything else in his three-bedroom apartment. Osgar doesn’t live in the dark ages though, he does have electricity and running water. And heat, for those frigid winter nights.

But he has no need for television or the internet. He has the news paper and his bar to keep him up to date on life. And he has a few trinkets in one of the rooms to keep an eye on some people. There was also a tv in his bar, but that was mostly for his customers benefit more then his own. If he could, he’d remove the damn thing and just enjoy the quiet. Like they used to. But he had to changes with the times.

Running his hand over a series of books along his bookshelf, he wondered which one he’d like to revisit this day. So many years, and so many sights he had seen. His hand stopped and he turned his eyes towards the memoir in question. ‘1589’ was carved into the spine of the book. Faded and rough, he pulled the book from the shelf and walked over to his chair by the window. The chair is seated next to a chess table and another chair, though that chair is less worn then his.

Mighty oak legs at the base, and rough worn leather wrapped around the chair. His arm chair wasn’t quite suitable to be at a chess table, but this is his house and he felt it was. Osgar cracked opened the book and began reading his memories. This was the year he had met Dimitri Petrov, who Osgar would later use as an alias while in Russia. Just one of his many names throughout history. He was deep within reading the first few pages when there was a wrapping onto his apartment door.

Only his clan lived in the building, so he wondered which one came by. Or if it was a neighbour coming over to complain about the noise coming from his tenants again. Sometimes he had to scold his ‘children’ about the noise, but he always forgave them. They all were just in their infancy or childhood of vampire years. They weren’t tired of it all yet. “Come in.” he called to the door, when he is home he leaves it unlocked. He found no need to lock it, not with his experiences behind him. And really, what is this old four story apartment complex got worth stealing?

Helena Caelum
PM
^
Helena Caelum
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 03:29 PM
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Muggle
Female
Muggle
Pansexual
Single
n/a
Artist
Vampire
��

Sometimes it was difficult to believe that she’d been walking the earth for around 60 years. Stranger, Helena didn’t feel any different. She still felt like the same girl she had been as a human. A young aspiring artist with little care for anything else, except bringing a little beauty into the world. It had always been her dream. She’d wanted to have her work showcased in a gallery, one where everyone in her life would flock to see in person. A dream that was cut short when she’d been hit by a car and almost died. No, she should have died. If it hadn’t been for her brother finding her and then begging her to be turned then she would have met the same fate as her parents.

Rasmus had saved her life. He’d always been there for her, and it seemed they would always have each other’s back. Even now, in the present, Helena couldn’t imagine living in a world without her brother. Both had gone through so much. They had been orphaned at a young age and moved from foster home to foster home due to her brother’s anger issues. If she hadn’t been so stubborn, then perhaps she could have obtained a new family. But that would have been wrong. It would have been cruel to leave Rasmus on his own and to go off to live her own happy life. He needed her, and even now she still needed him. They were a pair, and after all these years he was the only one left from her old life.

It didn’t stop the two of them from bickering constantly, in a way most siblings would. Helene huffed as she stormed out of her apartment, slamming the door in her brother’s face. Rasmus could be so stupid at times. He’d stopped by her house, trying to warn her about carelessly flirting with some of the boys he’d caught her hanging around. He was so annoyingly, overprotective at times. It was almost like he didn’t think she could handle herself. She wasn’t his weak baby sister anymore; Helena knew she was stronger. If someone tried to mess with her, she had faith that she could kick their ass. She only hoped she wouldn’t lose control of herself. Being the young, baby vamp that she was she did still have trouble controlling her hunger, though not as much as Rasmus seemed to sometimes.

Whatever, the argument only meant that she needed to get away from her brother for a bit. She figured she could see the city, maybe spend some time in the park. There was plenty to be done, with the night still being young. With no destination in mind, Helena wandered the streets for a few moments reflecting on her thoughts. There was so much she still wanted to do, and even as a vampire she still felt so young. It was a strange thing to consider, especially when her lifespan would slowly overpass that of most humans in a decade or so. It was a scary thing to think about.

Instead of heading outside straight away, she instead chose to go down a ways in search for Osgar ’s place. She figured stopping by to see the older vampire couldn’t hurt, especially since it had probably been awhile since she’d seen him. He was her sire after all, and practically like a second father to her. Even he’d never replace her first father, there was no denying that he was an important part of her life. She also felt like she owed him in some ways for helping both her and her brother over the past years.

Helena stood outside the door and knocked on it a few times. She hoped she wasn’t disrupting anything. It was a silly thought for sure, but the young vampire never enjoyed interrupting other people’s times. She heard Osgar’s voice saying to go in from outside the door, and turned the door knob before slowly peeking in. “Hello.” She greeted with a soft smile. Her eyes looked to the book he was reading, and she immediately felt some guilt overcome her. Oh god, she really was interrupting him, wasn’t she? “Sorry if I’m interrupting. I just thought I’d stop by for a bit.” She waited for a moment before entering fully and walking toward a window where she could easily look outside.

Osgar

user posted image
PM
^
Osgar
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 11:58 PM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

His eyes had never left the pages they were settled upon. Looking back on the memories, of times long since past. Sometimes he thought about what he might have done differently in those times, about the people he saved or had tried to. He thought about the families he had, and had long since forgotten their faces. Such a life was a painful one. But still, he views upon his older memories with a warm heart. For they weren’t all bad.

Though his eyes had left the page now, upon hearing a feminine voice echo through his home. A warm smile had washed over him. “Ahh, Helena. A wondrous surprise.” He spoke, closing his journal from so long ago, placing it on his lap. His eyes followed her movement. “You aren’t interrupting at all, please.” He said warmly with a slight chuckle at the end. Despite it all, despite his family having forgotten about him, he still had his chosen family with him. And he counted her as one of those.

Osgar stayed in his seat and watched Helena Nox Caelum approach the window, her gaze falling outside onto the city below. “Is something bothering you?” he asked, sensing a small bit of tension emitting from her. Normally she would be so vibrant and full of life, as ironic as that was given their condition. “Please have a seat.” He offered, gesturing with his hand towards the empty seat just across from the chessboard situated next to him.

“You know you can come to me if you are having any problems, you know this correct?” he spoke warmly, reminding that his door is always open to his family. There were times, in the past he had closed himself off from others. But he didn’t want to do that to them, not any longer. Looking down at his journal that laid on his lap, he took it and placed it firmly between the black and white pieces upon the chessboard.

Standing up he smiled at Helena. “Tell me everything that troubles you child, I’ll make you some tea.” He said softly, turning towards the kitchen. Upon arriving there, he grabbed the kettle which sat upon his stove and brought it over to the sink. He filled it with the cool water and then placed it back on the stove. Now what was odd about his stove is that it wasn’t an electric stove like many of the other tenants. Sometimes this old codger preferred things back in the day. His stove was gas lit. Osgar said it made the taste better.

Helena Caelum
PM
^
Helena Caelum
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 12:33 AM
Muggle
Female
Muggle
Pansexual
Single
n/a
Artist
Vampire
��

No matter what kind of mood she was in, looking out at the city never failed to calm her. Not that Helena was in a bad mood, per say. She may have been annoyed at her brother, but despite that, her spirits were moderately high. Watching civilians enjoying a park, or cars drive past on the streets helped to ease any tension in her body. It especially helped relax any nerves that she had initially felt about disturbing Osgar. She crossed her arms across her chest as her eyes traveled to watch some children playing across the streets. Lena couldn’t remember if she’d always been a people watcher, but there was no doubt that it proved to be a suitable distraction.

She turned around as soon as she heard Osgar speak up. Helena smiled and nodded in response to the greeting, while not bothering to hide the look of relief that crossed her features when he said that she wasn’t interrupting something. She turned back to the window for a moment to cast another look outside, biting her lip unsure what to do. She should sit down. Make herself feel comfortable, but for some reason, she couldn’t find any desire to do so. Was she being silly? Definitely. She was with family after all, even if they weren’t blood-related. While he could never replace her birth parents, he had become like a second father to her.

Forcing herself to let out a soft sigh that would hopefully release any troubled feelings, Helena turned to walk around the room for a couple seconds. She stopped near a chair just as she heard him ask if anything was wrong. Was there something wrong? She wasn’t sure how to answer that. Taking a moment to retrieve her thoughts, Helena took up Osgar’s offer to sit down first. She sat down in the seat he’d pointed out to her, and took a moment to breathe and make herself comfortable. “I don’t know.” She stated calmly, trying not to think too much.

Why was explaining things too hard? Helena worked on gathering her thoughts while listening to Osgar go on to speak some more. It was true. She did know that she was always welcome to go to him if she had any problems. Maybe that was her problem. She didn’t always talk about what was bothering her. Instead, it seemed more in her nature to try to hide her problems behind a cheerful personality, to always be the happy one who wasn’t struggling. And then when she did have problems, it grew increasingly hard for her talk about things. She was more likely to shut herself away.

She didn’t speak up again until he mentioned getting tea. Would she like some? Yeah definitely, and it gave her a reason to settle in more. “Um yeah. I’d like that.” She stated calmly right before swallowing nervously. She had been thinking about going out to grab a bubble tea later, but this would be the next best option. A hot cup of tea would certainly help relieve her of whatever tension she was feeling.

But it was now her turn to speak and try to get some thoughts off her chest. It all seemed silly to think about, and a part of her was almost afraid of sounding childish. “Nothing’s really bothering me…at least I don’t think so.” She began trying to shrug it off like it was nothing. “I guess I’m just annoyed. I got into an argument with Raz because he’s being overprotective again. And trying to stop me from going out to clubs.” Okay saying it out loud definitely made it sound sillier, almost human to some degree. “Like I know the worries are justified, because I’m still learning how to control my hunger, but…but I also think that I get a better feel for how to control myself when I do go out to enjoy the nightlife.”

Not to mention that physically she was a twenty-one-year-old girl, and a part of her still craved to live a life she’d missed out on when she was human. “I feel like he’s just being stubborn and stupid.” The last statement left her mouth, as she crossed her arms across her chest once more. Her troubles were feeling more and more childish, though it reminded her how much she hated arguing about petty things. Though it still felt good to get some of her thoughts off her chest.

Osgar

user posted image
PM
^
Osgar
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 01:27 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

Watching his fledgling stand there, seemingly closed off staring out the window, he sighed a defeated sigh. There had been many fledgling vampires come and go from his clan, even since he made it so many centuries back. But he always had a trouble with being left out. He always wanted to have a hand in helping them. No matter the way. He just wanted to make this unlife better for them.

Though, as Osgar went to say something, the whistling of the tea began to flood the kitchen. Not wanting to lose all the boiling water, he took the kettle and placed it on a different burner. He shut off the gas and proceeded to acquisition two cups from the cupboard overhead. Placing them upon small plates and bringing them back out into his living room.

He smiled faintly when Helena took the cup from his hands and began to sip it. Moving back over to his chair, he sat down and started to sip upon his tea. There was a silence that filled the apartment. Only broken by the periodic sound of the cups clinking against the plates. Cups and plates that Osgar had owned for the past three centuries. He was very fond of these antiquities, as some might call them.

However, the silence was broken when Helena. Osgar looked over at her, a bit taken aback by the sudden sounds. Though he easily calmed himself and started to listen to her words. He would take a sip from his tea while listening to her, and would nod his head. ‘Ahh, sibling problems.’ he thought to himself, closing his eyes and thinking back. It had been nearly a century since he had a squabble with his own brother. He could no longer even remember Eadwine’s face. Nor his parents faces. Not even his younger sister, Cyneburga. He wondered, should he have turned them? Or let them live out their lives? Would they have accepted their undeath, like he has? Or would they have fought it?

Too many questions that had now arisen from this. But that wasn’t what he needed to be doing right now. He had to focus on his fledgeling. Taking one last sip of his cup of tea, he placed it upon the chessboard that was between the two. He picked up the book that laid upon it and walked over to his shelf. Placing it back into it’s spot he started to count backwards. “I can understand what you mean.” he said, continuing to count, though he was now skipping entire sections. “I don’t think I’ve ever spoken much about this, not with you at least.” he paused in what he was saying, “Ahh, here it is.” he interrupted himself, grabbing onto a very faded and worn book.

Y1040~Y1066. The years he was alive, the years he had been with his family. “I am the eldest of three children. There was my sister, Cyneburga. And my brother, Eadwine. He was a muggleborn.” he continued, approaching his chair and sitting back down. With a heavy sigh, he cracked open the book. With a loud creaking noise, the began to flip the pages. “Me and Cyneburga, even though she always followed me around wherever I went, did have our spats. Such as this moment. It was around the time of a festival in the village, and a local boy was infatuated with her. But I had know that he wasn’t the one for her. That boy was known as a thief and a cheat. Yet still, Cyneburga continued to want to see him.” he recounted these details while looking down at the page.

The handwriting seemed so foreign and faded. The pages so yellowed and dry. He was beginning to wonder if he should update it, transcribe it to a new book so that it won’t be so… disheveled. “But in the end, I respected her choice and let her learn her lesson. She broke it off with the boy a few days after our initial argument.” he continued, with a faint smile across his lips. Somehow, reading these pages gave Osgar a faint reminder of his birth family. Something he hasn’t been able to do in so long.

He closed the book and placed it upon the table, nudging it towards Helena. “My dear, your brother will always be there for you. And he just needs to learn, that you have to live your own life and do what you need to. Else you will miss out on so much that life has to offer.” he said these words, thinking of his own longevity. “I have been around for nearly a millennium, I have seen, and done, far more than either you or your brother.” he started to lean back into his seat. “Trust me when I say, don’t be angry at him. And just do what needs to be done with your life. I trust that if you ever have a problem, you can come to me or your brother. Because you know we’ll have your back.” he continued, turning his head towards her with a smile.

Helena Caelum
PM
^
Helena Caelum
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:47 AM
Muggle
Female
Muggle
Pansexual
Single
n/a
Artist
Vampire
��

Staring out the window, she hated the guilt that seemed to be riding up in her. Helena had always hated closing herself off. Hated the feeling that maybe she was leaving others in the dark. It was a habit that had formed when she’d first become an orphan alongside her brother. After losing their parents, and having to move back and forth between different homes. It had taken her years before she found anything that even felt remotely like a secondary family.

Even though Osgar was like a father to her, she’d spent some time standing there in silence. Not saying anything, and only looking out the window. Maybe it was because she’d been turned at such a young age. Eternally 21, she’d barely had a chance to lose whatever inner teenage rebellion had stirred within her. Maybe some traces of it would always exist inside her, making her hesitant to openly talk about particular matters. Or maybe she was just being stubborn. Both were equally possible.

She did turn around when she heard the tea kettle going off, accepting the cup when Osgar handed it to her. Not wanting to stand up while drinking, Helena moved to make herself comfortable on one the couches. Kicking off shoes onto the floor, she moved into a more comfortable position on the couch. Legs crossed and knees spread to the side, as she straightened her back after taking on her usual sitting position. Helena picked her tea back up and sipped it. Silence fell for a few moments until she spoke up.

Even after she’d said the words she’d felt silly. Fighting with her brother felt so human, something that she thought she would have stopped after living for nearly thirty years. Maybe they’d always fight. The two of them had always been there for each other, watching each other’s backs, so sometimes she wondered if it was a sign of how close they were. Still, there was no denying Rasmus could be stupid. She wasn’t looking for any kind of romance. Most guys who flirted with her usually walked away disappointed once she refused to give them what they wanted.

Head tilted in a soft nod when her sire spoke up, Helena turned to watch as he moved to grab a book from the shelves. Her eyes lit up with curiosity when he sat back down, and she wondered what it was he’d found. Maybe some story from his past. The young vampire had always had an interest in history. Okay, most of it was art history, mostly because there were so many stories hidden behind the work of famous artists. How they’d managed to capture historic moments, telling stories of famous battles through imagery was fascinating to her. That and watching the styles and techniques change throughout the years.

Helena leaned forward, listening intently as Osgar went on to share his story. He told her of his own family or well mortal family. It was something she’d never thought about. Yet it was also a reminder, a reminder that all vampires were mortal once. The relationship with his sister reminded her of what she and Rasmus had. Her brother could be a butt for sure. An overprotective butt, but as was revealed from the older vampire’s story so could all brothers.

“You two must have been close,” she commented once he finished with his story. A smile formed on her face as she took a final sip from her tea, placing the cup down on the table when she was finished. Helena reached out to grab the book after Osgar placed it on the table, taking time to glance at the pages while slowly flipping through it. She didn’t expect to read through it right there, but she was curious to see what was inside it. “I guess being annoyingly overprotective is an older brother’s job.” It was something she’d tried to tell herself multiple times, or Rasmus had told her on occasion. Osgar’s story only made the words ring truer.

Flipping through the pages, she nodded while listening to him speak more. She thought back to her early argument with her brother, and even farther back to when their parents died in that car accident. They’d always had each other, were often the only ones either could rely on. “I don’t think I could ever stay angry at him,” she commented thinking back to all she’d been through with him. “For the longest time we were all each other had. After losing our parents, I don’t know… no matter how annoying he is, I don’t think I could ever stay mad at him.”

Her mind wandered back to when she’d first been turned. She could barely remember the accident that had almost killed her, could barely even comprehend what her brother might have felt at the time. “I do trust him. I trust both of you, I mean we’re a family right?” Her voice perked up at that, realizing that she’d managed to find a new family.

It was the circumstances that lead to her becoming a vampire that caused her shoulders to slump in a brief moment of sorrow afterward. “Do you think--” she began to ask, questioning why her brother was so overprotective. “That he’s more protective because he almost lost me once. That I...I almost met the same fate as our parents?” Her voice quivered a little from having never spoken the words out loud. The question had popped into her head multiple times in the past, but this was the first time she’d let it escape her mouth.

BY MITZI

user posted image
PM
^
Osgar
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 05:00 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

Osgar

Osgar watched his fledgling sit upon the couch just across from him. Watching her kick off her shoes and sit cross-legged on the old couch caused the old vampire to let out a chuckle. It reminded him of an old Chinese fellow he met a few centuries back. Though his face and name have escaped him at the moment, the memory is still there. Which is the most important thing, memories. Without them, he wouldn’t have anything left.

As Osgar went on with his recollection of his sister and their own spat from almost a millennium ago, he nodded his head. There were a few times he wondered just what sort of life she had, and the lives of his mother and brother. And if they would’ve accepted for who he is, a vampire. Folding his legs, Osgar smiled, though it wasn’t an entirely happy smile. There was a tinge of pain and regret. He deeply missed his younger siblings, and all he wanted to do was protect them.

“Yes, we were. So was Eadwine and I. I protected them as best I could. I answered the King’s call specifically for them, to protect them from the Norsemen.” He said softly, wondering if that was the right choice in things. What would have happened if he refused the call to arms? Would he have been branded a traitor? Such things have haunted his mind in the past, and the answer will never be known. Upon her next words, Osgar let out a slight chuckle. “It’s a job we as older brother’s don’t take lightly.” It was true though, no doubt about it.

His green eyes watched the younger vampire as she flipped through his first memoir of sorts. Such a long time ago… but his attention was brought back to her as she began to speak some more. This time saying, she couldn’t stay mad at him, and the reasoning. A small smile grew on the older man’s lips. He was glad the two of them had each other, and he understands how painful it can be to lose family. Lord knows he has lost his fair share, perhaps more. He only has his descendants now, and do they even know of his existence?

Staying silent for a bit, he let her speak, getting her feelings out in the open. “Yes, we are indeed a family. And family looks out for one another.” He answered her, but he felt like he didn’t need to. But he wanted to reassure that yes, they are. Osgar has such a long and storied history involving family, and he is glad he has some more to pass his stories onto. Part any of his wisdom that he can onto these younglings. One never knows what might happen.

Though her next set of words caught him a bit off-guard. Such fearful words, and a rough memory for sure for the two siblings. Osgar sat in his chair and let the silence fill in the room. There was a lot to digest in that. “Yes, I do believe that is a contributing factor.” He finally answered, facing Helena. “You and your brother have already faced such a thing losing your parents, I doubt he would want to see his sibling go to the same one.” He continued, shifting in his chair.

“I studied medicine to help people, but in part of that was so I could provide care for my family. And in a time where medicine had only gone so far, I could only do so much for them. I’ve lost many children to illnesses, and spouses to them as well.” Osgar lamented on his past, revisiting his lost ones’ lives. Though such memories aren’t as fresh as the young Caelum siblings, he could understand their pain. And he never wanted such a thing to befall onto anyone. Though Osgar does remember the event to which Helena was brought to his table, and how Rasmus pleaded for her life.

Standing up from his chair, he walked into his small kitchen and opened a cupboard, reaching for a box of crackers. Returning to the living room, he placed the box next to Helena. Afterwards, he placed his hand on her shoulder and gave a light squeeze of reassurance to her, hopefully to alleviate any worries or feelings she is going through at the moment. Letting go of her shoulder, he walked back to his chair and sat back down with a slight sigh. “Perhaps you should start a diary, to write down these memories and feelings?” he suggested, placing his arms upon the armrests.

768 - Helena Caelum - //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
^
Helena Caelum
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 09:24 PM
Muggle
Female
Muggle
Pansexual
Single
n/a
Artist
Vampire
��

Once she’d made herself more comfortable, Helena felt her spirits raise almost instantly. It was strange how much difference something as simple as sitting on a couch could have on her mood. Standing felt more rigid, making it more difficult to lighten up and shake off the negative energy. Now that she was seated cross-legged with her tea nearby, the young vampire found it difficult to be anything other than relaxed. As the conversation moved on, curiosity lit in her eyes as she took in all of Osgar’s words.

The story really was fascinating, raising all kinds of questions in her head as to what it was like to live in such an era. A world so unlike the one she’d been born into. The changes she’d witnessed felt like nothing in comparison. It had only been around thirty years after her birth year when technology began to really bloom, with computers taking over. That felt like nothing, especially when the older vampire would have seen centuries worth of changes and evolution.

Hearing the older vampire talking about protecting his own siblings brought to mind that maybe times didn’t change all that much. Okay, she couldn’t relate to it, but families always seemed to have a habit of looking out for each other throughout history. “It sounds hard. Being away from family for so long, not knowing when or if you’ll ever see them again. Yet worth it to protect them.” Taking another sip from her cup, Helena thought carefully about what she’d said. Light laughter escaped her once she heard Osgar’s response to her other statement. “I guess. Maybe its one of those things that will never die.” Protective brothers. Family looking out for family, if anything remained in the world that should be it. If for anything to help make sure humanity can continue to exist.

Flipping through the pages of the book, Helena tried to envision herself living in a similar time period. A time where civilization didn’t exist as she’d known it. A world without many of the advancements that had sprouted up during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. It must have been grueling, crueler, making it that much more crucial to take every opportunity for granted. She smiled at his reaffirmations that they were family. Family that looked out for each other, for better or worst. And yet she’d forced herself to separate from the both for a short time. Too early maybe, during a time when she’d lost control. A small amount of guilt caused her body to shake, guilt from avoiding everyone during a time she’d needed them around her. When she needed to be reminded that she wasn’t a monster.

Her mood shifted back to being relaxed almost as quickly as it appeared, with Helena listening attentively to Osgar’s next words. His words reminded her of what she’d thought she knew for so long. That her brother wasn’t ready to lose her. At least not then, not when she was still dreaming about becoming an artist of some kind. “Yeah. We were all each other had growing up. I don’t think I could have lost him either. Sometimes...sometimes I think I was stupid to reject his offer to pick me up. If I had, then that accident might not have happened…”

Not wanting to sulk into a negative mindset, Helena turned to focus on her tea for the moment. Hearing Osgar lament on his own losses, she felt almost as if she’d been lucky in a sense. She’d lost her parents but still had her brother. He’d been in her life for so long, and possibly for many more years to come. “I can’t imagine what it must have been like. Working so hard to try to save others, and then watch them perish. It’s tragic. I think...I think that kind of thing would only make me more determined to help as many people as I could.”

It didn’t sound like much, but she felt confident that it was often more than enough. Many people were the types to be happy just to know that someone cared. She heard Osgar get up, and went back to looking through the memoir. Reading through what was written and recorded over time, getting a glimpse into memories that were almost forgotten. Maybe they were forgotten to all, except for Osgar and everyone he’d shared the memories with.

Helena closed the book for the time being when she heard the older vampire sit back down. His suggestion of her starting a diary took her by surprise. It was something she’d considered, but recording things in words had never been easy for her. She remembered trying to keep one at some point when she was a teenager. What started out as a diary ended up being a book of poetry, or secret love notes that she was too afraid to send out. “I don’t know if writing down everything is for me…” she began, looking down into her teacup while trying to grasp her own point. Art she could do. Painting and drawing, or any other form of media that had caught her interest. Even sculpture or pottery could be useful. “Maybe instead I could find a way to record everything through art. It won’t be as obvious as writing things down, but there’ll still be a story to decipher for those who look at it.”

Osgar ◭ here's a post for you!!
BY MITZI

user posted image
PM
^
Osgar
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:29 AM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

Osgar

Life is just a funny thing. It had this weird way of taking something away from you, just to give back in such a different way. Osgar knew much about the loss of a life. He had taken his own fair share. But he had also given life and unlife. The man was present for so many historical moments, had met so many people throughout his lifetime. He couldn’t imagine the alternative. He didn’t really want to in fact. If he hadn’t been turned, he would’ve died from blood loss or infection on that riverbank. That norseman got him good with that axe of his.

Taking a sip of his tea, Osgar recalled some of the other events he had witnessed in his life. The colonising of the new world, that was an interesting period of time. He tried his best to combat the diseases that spread throughout both the colonisers and the aboriginals. Though many people still died, he believed he saved maybe a handful of hopefuls. Those who had a stronger will to live. Though it pained him, losing so many. Some of whom he had grown quite fond of. Though just like the man from China, he couldn’t remember their names or faces. It had been too long ago.

Looking at his fledgeling, Osgar smiled softly. She spoke the truth, she spoke words that resonated with the almost millenium old vampire. “Yes… I had tried to stay with my new families for as long as possible. But I could only stay for fifteen to twenty years at most. Else I would be drawing too much attention to myself.” he stated, his eyes now falling to look at his cup of tea. The beige liquid had slight ripples to them as he shifted subtly in his seat. “I try my best to look after my descendents however, through magical artifacts that I had collected over the years.” he added on, now turning his green eyes towards his fledgeling.

He nodded when she said that protective older brothers will be a thing that never dies. Quite true. No matter where you are in the world, it’s something you’ll always see. Life just happened that way, always finding a way to repeat but differentiate all the time. Osgar watched silently as Helena flipped through one of his diaries, reading of his past. Some people might find it a bit awkward, to have someone reading their inner thoughts and recollections. But Osgar didn’t feel that at all, he was quite happy to share his history with his family. Maybe they could learn something from it.

As she went on to talk about her and her brother’s life together, about how they were alone for the longest time. How she was stupid to have rejected his offer to be picked up. Osgar frowned at that. “Don’t dwell on the choices you’ve made in the past. Else they will haunt you for the rest of your life. And as creatures of the night, we have long lives.” he said sternly. No, he wasn’t supposed to lecture her about this. Shaking his head, his face softened. “My apologies, you didn’t come here for that.” he said softly, now turning his gaze back toward his cup of tea. A frown threatened to creep onto his face.

However, he didn’t last long in that, as his attention was brought back to Helena, commenting about his past and his work as a doctor. He nodded along to what she said, she got it. “Quite so my dear, quite so. I couldn’t sit back and rest on my laurels when things ended poorly. I had to do something, I had to get better and master my craft. Make sure that mistake never happened again.” he said, now returning to his calmer self. Hopefully that hiccup just moments ago won’t repeat itself. He is here to help his fledglings learn and grow, get them prepared to go out on their own.

When Helena said that writing might not be her thing, Osgar nodded and leaned back in his seat. Switching his folded legs, he took another sip of his tea. When she suggested that maybe painting could be her way, though it wouldn’t be as obvious as his method, the older vampire just smiled. “That sounds like a wonderful way of doing things. Maybe you can do one of those things that young people like.” he started, pausing to think what it was called. “What’s the name of those things, books but with pictures?” he asked, turning to look at Helena.

762 - Helena Caelum - Osgar is showing his age here xD
PM
^
Helena Caelum
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 11:45 PM
Muggle
Female
Muggle
Pansexual
Single
n/a
Artist
Vampire
��

It still felt strange to think of how long she’d most likely continue to exist. Helena had yet to live through one human life. Yet with every year it approached ever closer. She was only 50; only fifty, another fact that continued to feel strange whenever it crossed her mind. Anyone else might begin to go through a life crisis of sorts, trying to figure out what they wanted to do with the rest of their years before time ran out, and yet for the young vampire, it continued to feel like the beginning of a new journey.

Perhaps that was why she couldn’t help but feel some fascination from hearing Osgar go on to explain instances from his own past. He was far older than she was. Had experienced so many things, born into a time that was nothing like her own. Helena was still constantly amazed by how technologically advanced humanity had become since the 80’s. Since she was a young art student trying to get by, unaware of the fate that had awaited her. How much more would the world change in a century from now? Two centuries? Would she live long enough to witness the end of humanity?

Hearing his words, Helena wanted to think that perhaps she was lucky in a sense. She’d already lost so much of her family that she wouldn’t have to worry about drawing too much attention to herself. At least not from family, though friends and strangers would take notice at some point no doubt. “I don’t know if I’d be able to handle that. Hiding from family after a certain point. I guess...maybe I lucked out.” Her voice took on a solemn tone, realizing that it was almost a dark point to make. “Your descendants would probably be glad to know someone’s watching out for them if they knew. And sometimes people get that feeling that they aren’t fully alone...like when they need it most.”

Continuing to flip through the pages, Helena’s eyes focused on the words written down as silence filled the room momentarily. As she scanned through the pages, her mind naturally ventured into past thoughts. Dwelling on events that had already happened wasn’t something the young vampire wasn’t keen to do. It could easily bring regret, bringing down her mood rather than uplifting it. It didn’t help when she found herself voicing her thoughts out loud. Or perhaps it would. That was supposed to be healthy, wasn’t it? Speaking of guilt around others whether vocal or through other methods. Either way, she’d broken the silence, her eyes staring intently on the page as if she was ashamed to have admitted such things.

The older vampire’s response wasn’t unexpected. At the sound of his voice, Helena glanced up from the book, head tilting in a brief nod as she took in his words. Don’t dwell on the past. It was sound advice though following it would prove difficult. “Its still hard to imagine how long I’ll be around,” she admitted, hand closing the book before setting it down beside her. “I mean I-I haven’t even finished a human lifetime yet. Sometimes I feel like I’m a child all over again.”

Maybe she was a child, at least compared to older and stronger vampires. Any time spent dwelling on that observation passed quickly as the conversation turned to Osgar’s past work as a doctor. A career that she could never imagine herself ever considering. Still it wasn’t hard to imagine the determination that must have went into the field, all the dedication to work on and improve if only to save as many lives as possible. “Its not so different than anything else worth doing. Keep on working to improve, hoping that maybe you can have a positive influence on the world. Or try to do more good, and keeping any mistakes to a minimum.” Thinking of it as another hobby or job made it easier to relate to, well except for the small fact that lives were often on the line. That didn’t need to be dwelled on much.

Stretching out her arm so that she could pick up her cup once more, Helena took a moment to take another drink of her tea. Then another, as her mind thought of attempting to continue on pursuing a more artistic path. Keeping a record of her own personal journey through painting hadn’t sounded so bad, with Osgar’s encouragement only pushing her feelings toward the more positive end. Hearing his struggle to come up with the proper term for his suggestion, Helena fought back an urge to burst out in laughter. “You mean like a scrapbook?” Keeping a scrapbook didn’t sound so bad. A mixture of drawings and photos of her various experiences to come didn’t sound so bad. “I think I could make one, yeah. I can draw or take photos, keeping records of all the exciting things I do more quickly. I might need to buy a new camera though,” she looked down at her teacup in thought before smiling once more.

“It’ll be worth doing though. And a lot more efficient than spending like three weeks on a painting each time.” She would still paint on occasion but reserve it only for special moments. Or for trying out new techniques, creating images that couldn't be made in any other medium.

Osgar
BY MITZI

user posted image
PM
^
Osgar
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 09:32 PM
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
Male
Muggle
Heterosexual
Widowed
None
Misfit's Haven Owner
Underground Doctor
Vampire
��

Osgar

You can always count on Osgar to help out anyone, the man has a knack for having the wisdom and the knowledge in order to help people. Though he might have a hard time keeping up with the times, he’s done his best to accommodate his advice. Though he’s extremely grateful to his younger clan members, those who he views as children. They, along with the patrons of his establishment and the small devil’s box that is called the television in his pub, they all keep him up to date to the times to the best of their abilities. Which is considerate of them

Going through the crashing waves of time, Osgar had seen much - and done just as much. Played cards with some nice men from the Orient? He’s done that. Dined with some nobles in Tsarist Russia? Done that. Seen the coasts of North America and Europe? He’s done that as well. Fought in the largest war known to date? He’s done that, and paid a price for it. Everything the old Saxon has done, came with a price. As a muggle, he didn’t experience the efficiency of magic, nor did he have access to it. The world of magic is only really open to him simply because of what he’s been afflicted with.

The tools that he has in his study are only there because of that door, the door that vampirism opened for him. Before becoming such a being, he had only witnessed magic from his brother’s perspective. Which was limited, considering that when Osgar went off to fight in the war, his brother was still at Hogwarts. The motions of time have been cruel to him, where he can no longer remember the face of his brother. Which Osgar was proud to find out he lived until he was nearly a century old.

At that time period, that alone is a thing you should be proud of. Though it must’ve been painful for Eadwine, having grown up without his family by his side or to help him through things. If only Osgar had returned home sooner, he could’ve been there for his baby brother. Helping him out and taking care of his children and grandchildren. However his mind turned back to the present, glancing over at his young vampire childe, he smiled faintly as she said she would struggle with what he had to do in the past. How he had to hide away after a time, and not be able to see his children become adults. His half-blooded children.

“You are still young, it can happen sometime in the future. All of my children were born after I had become a vampire.” he spoke softly, with a small sigh added on. Though hearing her words continue, he smiled softly at Helena. “I hope so, child, though I don’t know if they would or not. I thank you for for your kind words.” Helena seemed to have cheered up Osgar after his own little trip down a sad memory. A thought that might seem warm, but in actuality it’s quite saddening. Just another day in his long unnatural life.

Osgar watched as Helena flipped through the pages of his journal, her eyes scanning the pages. Maybe she is gleaming some sort of wisdom from the pages of his mortal life? The days which he toiled the field and took care of the farm animals. The days which lead up to the conquest of the Norsemen, attempting to come south to conquer the Saxon people. Perhaps the moments of the festivals. The dances and fairs, the girls in their dresses and the boys in their best vestments.

Wistfully, Osgar picked up his cup and took a sip of his tea. As the discussion turned to her own insecurities about being a vampire. He shook his head, and smiled at her. “Depends on how long you wish to be around, my dear. It can go on for a long time, or a short one. I’ve personally been on this earth for nine hundred and eighty one years. Perhaps I’ll be around for a few hundred more.” the words he spoke, they had a warmth to them, he wanted to alleviate some of the worries that she seems to be having.

When she made the comment that she feels like she’s a child all over again, he couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. “Well you are a child, to some of the more older vampires. And you are my child, maybe not by blood, but I did sire you. You still have some learning to do, but beyond that you are an adult.” he said with a slight nod at his own words. It’s true she’s still a child to people like him, but he knows that she’s an adult who can make her own decisions in this world. He’s just here to offer her wisdom, and to teach her to fully control her new powers, and to deal with her new way of life.

Everything beyond that, is her own thing. She can deal with it however she wishes, and can possibly deal with the growing technology better compared to Osgar. Who is still struggling with operating his television downstairs. Damn that devil box. Though the conversation did turn towards Osgar’s past career, though he’s leaving out the part where he doesn’t have a current doctor’s license. It’s hard to get one nowadays, used to be so easy. He’ll just need to wait for the correct opportunity to acquire one. Maybe he’ll be able to open his own practice again, like he used to be able to do back in the day?

As she spoke, Osgar nodded his head. “I agree, and I’m impressed someone so young can be so positive. Nowadays people seem to be so negative, at least on the news. If it isn’t one thing, it's another.” he let out a chuckle at his own words, he really did feel like he’s showing his age here. Being an old man that he is. Though he might not appear like it, he could certainly feel it in his body at times. A twinge of pain where he got stabbed, the bone aching where a bullet pierced it so many moons ago. Ahh to be young and not have to deal with such things.

The conversation took another turn, this time onto forming her own journal of sorts. Though it didn’t seem she would take to his idea of a proper journal, where words came to the pages. She did take to his idea of a picture book of shorts, though he now learned that the proper term is a scrapbook. He nodded his head, “Yes, that. I believe it can help you with it, and it suits your skills.” he spoke warmly and folded his legs, his cup of tea still in his hands. Bringing it to his lips, he took a sip. When she mentioned she wanted to buy a new camera, a thought came across his mind. “Of course it’ll be worth doing, and I know you’ll find lots of wonderful things to take pictures of and paint about and fill your bookscraps with many memories.” he exclaimed, putting his cup of tea down onto his chess table.

“Please, give me a moment.” he said to Helena with a slight bow of his head, quickly standing up from his chair and making his way out of his room. He moved through his apartment hallway and entered his study. The dimly lit room has books strewn about, stacked in piles and a table with a leatherbound book in the center of it. Osgar pushed his way through to the other side, removing some books off of what appears to be a table stand with a blanket placed over it. Pushing the blanket aside, it turned out to be a safe. Entering the combination, Osgar opened it to reveal stacks of different currency, though some might be out of print.

That could pose a problem if he ever needed it. Grabbing an envelope marked ‘UK Money’, he closed his safe and put everything back to where it originally was. Returning to the common area, Osgar handed the brown envelope to Helena. “If I recall correctly, there is three thousand pounds in there. That should help you with a new camera, correct?” Osgar asked, a fatherly smile across his features. His weathered eyes, filled with kindness towards the younger vampire.

1415 - Helena Caelum - This post ran from me, I apologize xD
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.