admins
updates
First and foremost, thank you all for your patience as we've been down an administrator while Cor has taken a break to address some real life problems. <3 All hail Lacey for holding down the fort as the lone admin for the past 1-2 months! The Activity Check is officially over! If you've lost a character, be sure to visit the ACTIVITY CHECK thread to find out how to get them back.

Happy New Year, Tatem! We're kicking off 2018 with a site wide ACTIVITY CHECK! Be sure to save your characters by February 2, 2018!

We are going to begin opening up to new members and the public! Please excuse our mess as we still finish transferring things from the Proboards site. Information pages are slowly, but surely being transferred over. If there are any incorrect tags, missing information, misaligned tables, broken code, or anything odd in general, please contact Admin Cor.

Under massive construction! Please begin transferring your accounts, applications, and threads to the new Jcink site from Proboards.
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by HOLLY at CAUTION. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
jan. top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Add Reply
New Poll

Just For One Day, Bree
Rafael Fremont
 Posted: Nov 10 2017, 03:02 PM
Harp23CSTmature? Ask •
Magical Creature
25 (?)
Male
Muggle
Unknown
Single
N/A
Organized Crime Underground werewolf fighting ring combatant
werewolf
��

He was very lucky, very blessed, all things considered.

The allegedly named Rafael Fremont was walking alone down the streets of Hogsmeade, avoiding the gaze of all who glanced his way and offering a smile to none. If someone offered him a greeting in passing, they were greeted in return with nothing but a curious, anxious stare, as the werewolf ambled along with wide blue eyes taking in everything around him. He’d never been here before, and everything was new. But then again, he’d never been in a lot of places, and in many ways, the world itself was new.

The air was warm with hints of spring, the smells vibrant and diverse as he walked down the main street of Hogsmeade with a careful step. His master and mistress were here on some kind of business. What kind, he didn’t inquire. He never did, mostly because they rarely answered, and when they did, the answer did not make any sense to him. They were visiting someone, he thought, because they disappeared into an alleyway and said that they would find him when they were ready to go. They had handed him some money, and had told him to enjoy his outing. Yes, he was very, very lucky indeed. They were very kind to him.

His exploration carried him a ways from the alleyway, but he didn’t venture far. Once his master and mistress were done, they’d want to leave right away, and he knew better from experience than to keep them waiting for anything. But still, there was no way he could stop his wandering eyes, the curiosity piquing with every new discovery, every new scent, every new sound. He caught bits and pieces of conversations that didn’t make sense, could smell the sweet smell of candies on the wind, the hearty smell of cooking meats and ales from the bar across the street. Hogsmeade wasn’t as busy as London, and he liked it here a great deal. He hoped that his master and mistress would start coming more often.

He knew that he should stay outside. It would be better if he did. But as he stood outside a shop, the oddest aromas coming from within and shiny glass bottles everywhere on the shelves, curiosity got the better of him. He was a bad monster, and he knew this. But he just wanted one look. One peek. Surely, Herr and Frau Vogt could not fault him that much. He hoped. He was looking forward to dinner this evening, after smelling so much food, he didn’t want that taken away from him.

As soon as he entered the store, though, there was a ringing somewhere above him. Like a child anticipating being attacked by a bird, he ducked with reflexes that were probably unnatural. Or, at the very least, remarkably good for an average person. Blue eyes darted around wildly, looking for the source, as the werewolf backed away from the door and further into the shop. His back struck a counter, and he turned, startled, to look around. There were so many vials, filled with so many liquids, and the smells in here…

Rafy looked rather lost.
PM
^
Brielle Hartwell
 Posted: Nov 10 2017, 03:02 PM
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Shopkeeper
select
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
dogweed and deathcap apothecary owner
herbologist
��

i'm overcome in this war
of hearts
Dogwood and Deathcap Apothecary sounded fairly ominous, until you walked into the shop. Large windows filled the shop with the soft glow of afternoon light. It had high ceilings, with wood beams, that made it seem larger than it was. The wooden floors were swept and the whole place looked tidy. A variety of shelves and drawers lined the walls, some displaying glass bottles of potions, essences, tinctures, and other preserved herbs. Other drawers and cabinets held cloth-bound dried ingredients.

All in all, it was a very welcoming place.

And the most welcoming, sunny part of the Apothecary was the twenty three year old owner. Brielle was a sunbeam personified; blonde and smiley, she was helpful and kind to everyone who came into her shop. Nearly a master of Herbology at such a young age, she loved to talk about her craft to anyone who needed help or just wanted to know about Herbology.

Bree was up on a ladder she kept to get at the higher shelves, stocking those shelves with a supply of prepared herbs from a basket around her wrist. She heard the bell over the door ring, and looked down to see a young man enter. She watched his strange behavior for a moment, her brows furrowing in amused confusion. Quietly, she descended the ladder, approaching the young man.

“Hello there,” Bree greeted him with a bright smile, setting her basket on the counter. “Can I help you find something today?”

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Crystal
PMEmail
^
Rafael Fremont
 Posted: Nov 10 2017, 03:03 PM
Harp23CSTmature? Ask •
Magical Creature
25 (?)
Male
Muggle
Unknown
Single
N/A
werewolf
��

Curiosity had almost never ended well for him in the past. When he ventured too far from his rooms in the Vogts’ mansion, it normally ended with him being locked in his room and not being allowed out for twenty-four hours straight. When he asked too many questions, they often struck him, or worse yet, starved him, or wouldn’t tend to his injuries after the full moon until it was almost too late to save him. Rafy should have known that it wouldn’t have ended for him well this time, either.

The moment someone had appeared, for a moment, Rafy didn’t look. Instead, he instinctively shied away, flinching towards the door as though he might flee, but he didn’t. He knew better than to try and run away from someone before they dismissed him. But that just made his heart pound even louder in fear: what would Herr and Frau Vogt say to him when they found out he’d disturbed someone? What would they do to him, was the better question.

“I- m’sorry,” he mumbled, refusing to look up for a moment, fixating his gaze on a smudge on the floor. “I didn’t mean to- I mean- the door was, um, unlocked.” He was going to be in so much trouble. Why had he let himself come in here? Why had he let his curious nose lead him astray? Oh, mein kreatur, do you not remember what curiosity did to the katze? A voice that sounded eerily like Herr Vogt echoed in his head, and Rafy swallowed in anxiety. “I didn’t mean-”

Finally, Rafy dared glance up at the voice that asked him… wait, what? Could she help him? What kind of… The woman standing before him, behind the counter, she looked like nothing he might have expected. There was a kindness in the air around her, something that made her seem gentle and her smile genuine. She was remarkably pretty, with golden hair and blue eyes absent of pain. No. You did not stare at people. Mein kreatur. He couldn’t behave like vermin, he had to be convincing. Right. None of these innocent people knew what was wrong with him, he had to make them feel at ease. Clearing his throat, and doing his best to stand a little straighter, Rafy continued to eye the smaller woman before him with distrust and suspicion.

“You don’t have to, um, help me, you know,” he said, mildly confused. Swallowing, Rafy looked around him, still continuing to look lost. What was he supposed to do? “Or, maybe, well-” He flushed. Herr Vogt would beat him silly when he found out how much of an idiot his creature had been in front of someone. “I- I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you, meine dame. I just- I was outside, are these-” He could do this. Surely, he could. Rafy glanced around at all the vials. “Are these all yours? Did you make them?”
PM
^
Brielle Hartwell
Shopkeeper
select
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
herbologist
��

i'm overcome in this war
of hearts
It became immediately obvious to Brielle that she had started the poor man who had come into her shop. She was quiet, and her floors didn’t squeak to give away her approach. The blonde herbologist felt terrible, and immediately started apologizing. “Oh, dear, I’m terribly sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you. Really, I’m very sorry.”

Bree glanced at the door when he mentioned it. “Well I should hope so. I wouldn’t sell much if I kept it locked all the time,” she joked. “Don’t worry, we’re open. It’s totally fine,” she added when it seemed like he thought he shouldn’t be here. Maybe he had thought when a shopkeeper wasn’t immediately evident that the store was closed. That definitely wasn’t the case, and she pointed back toward where she had come from. “I was just back there stocking some a couple of the shelves,” she explained.

When the man said he didn’t need any help, Bree nodded. She was happy to let people browse if that was what they wanted. But part of the benefit of going to an apothecary whose owner was also a herbologist meant they had a better knowledge of the things they were selling than most. She was used to a lot of her customers, especially the students, asking questions while they shopped. “Alright, I’m here if you need me,” she agreed pleasantly, smiling at the confused gentleman.

Bree picked her basket up off the counter and put it on a shelf behind it, preparing to tidy up and generally not pressure her customer if he really didn’t want help. But he appeared to be puzzled by her shop still, and didn’t even turn to go before changing his mind and asking her something. “Oh, please, it’s no trouble. I love to answer questions,” the blonde shopkeeper said, when he seemed hesitant to bother her.

Brielle beamed in pride as he asked about her wares. “I sure did. I grow all the plants you’ll find here, with just a couple exceptions. And then all the different preparations I also do here. Fresh, dried, infusions, tinctures, salves - basically any way you want it.” She had spent a majority of her life studying herbcraft, and was very good at it. “I also make potions, if you’re interested in that instead. They’re all over along that wall.” Bree said, pointing.

”Are you looking for something in particular, or just looking?” she asked.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Crystal
PMEmail
^
Rafael Fremont
Harp23CSTmature? Ask •
Magical Creature
25 (?)
Male
Muggle
Unknown
Single
N/A
werewolf
��

Apologies weren’t something that Rafy heard very often. In fact, truth be told, they weren’t something he heard ever. When he got hurt, it was his fault for not being strong enough. When he didn’t know something, it was because he wasn’t smart enough, wasn’t capable of retaining such knowledge, or he hadn’t been listening hard enough. If he got left behind, or locked up, it wasn’t anyone else’s fault but his own. It was a simple truth that Rafy had learned to accept a long time ago, that things were just naturally his fault. So when he heard the beautiful woman apologizing, the look that the werewolf gave her was one of pure confusion. What did she have to be sorry for?

“Oh,” was all he found himself able to say when she assured him that the store was open. It was the middle of the day, and he should have known that. See? His fault. Stupid. He didn’t laugh at the joke, mostly because he didn’t recognize that it was one. Humor wasn’t really… a part of his life, in any sense of the word. And actually, Rafy couldn’t remember the last time he’d laughed. It hadn’t been for many, many years, if at all. Mein kreatur. Vermin didn’t get to laugh.

Why was she being so friendly? Most of the other shopkeepers and people that Rafy had come into contact with the very few other times that Herr and Fraulein Vogt took him out didn’t smile as much as this woman did, nor were they half as pretty. He watched out of the corner of his eye as she moved a basket, not understanding much of what was going on. But he didn’t question it, because it was not in his place to do so. It never was.

And when his question made her smile, Rafy blinked. He had expected an angry retort, perhaps, or a scolding, for asking such a question. He hadn’t realized that asking something would have made her happy, and as she went on, he found that he liked the fact that he had made someone happy. Or, at least, look happy. He liked it. It felt different from when Herr or Fraulein Vogt would stand over him, beaming, after a full moon. He hadn’t made someone happy by killing. He’d done it by asking a question. He hadn’t known he was capable of such things. It made him dare to smile back, just a small one.

“You are… very talented, mein dame,” he found himself saying, and not just to be polite. There was a genuine awe to his voice, as he peered through the vials (but was, of course, very careful not to touch anything). There was also a wistfulness there, a wistfulness that he had no right to have. It wasn’t right, to want to do anything else, when he was nothing but a monster whose sole purpose in life was to kill and destroy, but a part of him couldn’t help it. “And you do so much. It’s… very nice.”

As soon as she pointed, Rafy looked and carefully tread over like a dog that had just been given a command. If the kind woman wanted him to look elsewhere, he would certainly do so. It all smelled so unique and odd in this shop. “I…” When she asked what he was looking for, the werewolf blanched. The money he had in his pocket had likely been intended to use for lunch, but… well. The least he could do for taking up this innocent woman’s time and being an inconvenience was to pay her for it. Yes. He would do that. Clearing his throat, he looked rather sheepish as he edged a little closer (but not too close, he didn’t want to scare her) and reached into his pocket. “What would, erm, what can this buy?” he questioned quietly as he opened his palm to reveal the four Galleons that he’d been handed by Fraulein Vogt earlier.
PM
^
Brielle Hartwell
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 04:40 PM
Shopkeeper
select
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Single
None
herbologist
��

i'm overcome in this war
of hearts
The gentleman in her shop kind of puzzled Brielle. He looked as though all this was very confusing to him, like it was all something he’d never seen before. If she didn’t know it was impossible, she’d wonder if a muggle hadn’t stumbled into town. At first she had taken it for his subtle foreignness showing - perhaps they didn’t have shops like hers wherever he came from. But as the laughable thought of a muggle getting this close to the school came and went, another thought ticked in the back of her mind.

Oooh, perhaps he was a Squib. That would certainly explain why it seemed like he had never set foot in an apothecary before. Well, regardless if it was because he was … was that German? She wasn’t sure… or because he was a Squib, it didn’t matter to Bree. One of the reasons she loved herbology, loved potions, was because it didn’t care about how good you were at magic. Anyone could do them, if you tried hard enough.

Maybe not as good as her, but they could.

She beamed, a bright, friendly smile taking shape, as he complimented her. She took a lot of pride in her work, and wasn’t shy about accepting compliments about it. “Thank you. I’ve certainly worked hard to become so. I love doing it, so it’s a pleasure to get to share it with others.” Bree glanced around at the wares he was looking at, a look of pride on her face. All of this took a long time to create, but it was a labor of love. Everything she’d learned over the past several years of intense study and research hadn’t really been meant for this purpose, but she was happy to have found it.

He didn’t seem to have an answer for her right away, when she asked what he was looking for. “Just browsing then?” she asked, nodding. “That’s alright, let’s see if anything tickles your fancy.” Bree glanced at the money he had in hand, nodding. “Quite a lot actually, I have very reasonable prices. It just depends on what you need or want. Let’s see…”

She eyed her shelves, thinking about their contents. “Liquid luck is always popular,” she said, finger ghosting over a golden vial. “Have to be careful about selling that one to the students though. Don’t want them cheating on their exams. Draught of peace could help with anything you’re anxious about. Pepperup potions are quite common in the winter, they help if you’ve got a cold. What’s this one? Oh! Wolfsbane, if you know any werewolves. Strengthening solution if you want to be stronger for a small amount of time. Hmm, I have quite a few antidotes to various things. This one will give you a dreamless sleep; it’s quite good for nightmares. This one will protect you from fire. This one will give you a nice energy boost.”

Bree glanced over at him, trying to gauge whether or not anything was getting some interest.

Rafael Fremont

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Crystal
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.