admins
updates
06.23.18
BIG UPDATE AHEAD! First things first - the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year is officially over! Effective June 17, 2022 (IC), students are out for summer break. Please be sure to visit the 2022 SCHOOL YEAR ADVANCEMENTS & GRADUATIONS thread to either advance your student up to the next year, get held back, or graduate into their field of choice! Additionally, if you're interested in a Quidditch, Prefect, Representative, or Head position, be sure to reply to the FALL '22-SPRING '23 STUDENT POSITIONS APPLICATION thread!

Students need not head back home just yet - the school boards have all come together to throw a end-of-the-year carnival/festival that spans from the Friday evening until Sunday afternoon (June 17th-19th, 2022). Find out more about the Summer Shindig Festival HERE! Students will then be transported back to their respective schools and may head home from there.

Additionally, the ICW has made an official PRESS RELEASE regarding the 2022 Quidditch World Cup, which will be held next month in Jamaica! Details on the festivities leading up to and surrounding this wizarding worldwide event can be found in the press release. Quidditch players wishing to be signed to the national teams competing in the Quidditch World Cup are encouraged to sign up HERE!

05.01.18
Don't forget to support your team in the Hogwarts vs. Ilvermorny Quidditch match.

03.03.18
The third SPELLCRAFT Trial has begun here. Champions get ready for a physical challenge!
credits
skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. toggle sidebar is from SUBDEVO and custom forum structure (cfs) script is from BLACK. mini profile coded by TAY at CAUTION. application template coded by BECKY at SHADOWPLAY. info boards template coded by VANESSA at SHINE. header graphics by LACEY. site plot & content created with love by CORINNE and LACEY.
june top posters
MEMBERS
CHARS

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 SPELLCRAFT THIRD TRIAL
Admin Lacey
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 07:24 PM
Quote
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Admin
28
Female
Muggle
Heterosexual
Single
None
Grand Poobah De Boink
��


The cold February air was bracing, but at least the sun was shining as all four schools filled the Quidditch pitch stands to watch the third trial of their Champions commence. The Champions were kept away in a locker room until it was time to begin. As they were brought out, the crowd quieted and Laurent Sauveterre lifted his wand to his throat to magically amplify his voice.

"Welcome, all, to the Third of the Champions' Trials. Today will be a test of their physical abilities, as they seek to prove themselves the strongest, quickest, heartiest of the bunch. The first part of this trial will be a test of speed and dexterity." He motioned to the first set up in front of them as a broom was handed to each Champion. In front of each, there was a series of five rings in the air above them, stretching all the way across the Quidditch Pitch. The nearest was quite large and slow moving; the furthest was much smaller and moved quickly in patternless movements. The three between them seemed to get smaller and faster consecutively.

"The Champions must fly through each of these five rings before landing on the other side of the pitch for the next part of the Trial. You must go through each ring sequentially, so if you over shoot or miss, you must circle back and try it again. On the whistle." Laurent motioned for them all to get ready to speed off.



((Okay so we are going back to the fan favorite for this type of challenge: Dice Rolls! When you post an attempt to get through the ring, you will roll and add the modifier I give you to see if you are successful. The DC for each ring is different, and obviously gets harder as you go.

Modifers! So in order to do this task, I am giving each of you modifiers I have assigned to you. They are on a scale of 1 to 5, and I based these off of both your character's build, and the clubs and sports they are involved in. If you disagree with your modifier and wish to make a case for improving/worsening it, please message me privately before using it. Beginning the Trial means you're willing to go with it.

For this first part, please use your DEX modifier. To roll please use the following code, substituting the modifier I have given you:

CODE
[roll]1d20+MODIFIER[/roll]


Skye Morris - STR 1 DEX 2 CON 2
Morana Vlcek - STR 4 DEX 5 CON 5
Isaac Harrow - STR 5 DEX 4 CON 5
Daisi Prewitt - STR 1 DEX 2 CON 2
Asha Patel - STR 3 DEX 5 CON 4
Lucas Vanetti - STR 5 DEX 3 CON 4

If there are any questions, please let me know ASAP.))

The whistle blows, signalling for the Champions to begin.
PMEmail
^
Lucas Vanetti
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:32 PM
Quote
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Wizarding Adult
18
Male
Pure Blood
Heterosexual
Single
n/a
Unemployed
��


A cold breeze blew through Luke's hair as he walked onto the quidditch pitch after the other champions. He wasn't sure what to expect from the third trial, but ever since the first and second, he tried to mentally prepare himself for anything. Listening as Professor Sauveterre spoke, Luke tried to avoid looking out toward the crowd. It was only to help ease his nerves, though there were a few instances where he'd sneak a glance to try to find Cooper and Gabby cheering him on.

A broom was handed to him, and upon acceptance, it brought about a sense of familiarity. Even if he'd only played on the Quidditch team for one year, the tall Gryffindor had practiced on numerous occasions. In short, he knew he had plenty of experience flying even without Quidditch. He may not have been the best flyer around, but he wanted to think that he'd be capable of putting up a fight in this competition.

Luke positioned himself on his broom at the same time as the other champions, waiting for the signal to begin the challenge. All he had to do was fly through each hoop. From looking at the line in front of him - each ring getting smaller, and seemingly moving randomly - there was no question that making it through each one wasn't going to be a simple matter. A part of him was already expecting to have to repeat the process multiple times before succeeding.

As soon as the whistle was blown, Luke shot forward speeding in the direction of the hoops in front of him. Lowering his body firmly against the broom, he tried to maintain a position that would allow him to move as quickly as possible. Speeding forward he flew on, aim to shoot through the line of hoops.

Champions ◭ C'mon Luke, you got this!!
BY MITZI

Dice Roll: 1d20+3: 4+3 = 7


PM
^
Morana Vlcek
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:59 PM
Quote
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Female
Unknown
Bisexual
Single
N/A
Unspeakable-in-Training
Underground Fighter
��


The second trial of SPELLCRAFT had challenged Mor in more ways than one, though she definitely felt that it had exercised her mental prowess more than anything else. That was unfortunate for her - mostly because she wasn't the smartest person in the world, but she had seemed to fare at least somewhat decently. While she obviously wanted to come out on top, the fact that she had even gotten through any of the floors was an accomplishment to her, and although the permanent scowl on her face made it difficult to tell otherwise, Mor was proud of herself so far.

As the third challenge kicked off, that scowl turned upwards into a rare smile, as the Hogwarts' Deputy Headmaster announced that this trial would be a physical one. She suppressed a fist pump through the air, deciding better than to show her cards (though really, all of her rivals probably had her somewhat figured out by now). She felt confident, however. Between sparring in the streets in Serbia, playing Quidditch at Durmstrang, and being the Alpha Female of Ulveflokk, (among other physical activities) Mor would even go so far as to saying that she had an edge on the other competitors.

Well, most of them. Isaac would certainly be a contender; and while Mor wanted to win for herself, she wouldn't be entirely heartbroken so long as a Durmstrang champion won. The Hogwarts boy seemed like he could probably hold his own, too. Mor would have to watch out for him, she figured. She debated devising some form of distracting him, but she wasn't exactly sure if that was just her trying to come up with some loophole in her "no sexual/emotional relationships this year" plan. Could you blame her? He WAS pretty good looking.

Mor wasn't particularly intimidated by the Ilvermorny girl, just as the Beauxbatons girl didn't. Though...Daisi Prewitt had shown Mor a thing or two during the first trial, so if she had taken any lesson away from this year, it was to not underestimate her adversaries. She'd keep an eye on them, too, just in case.

First and foremost, though...instead of worrying about the others, she needed to focus on herself. She appeared to meditate for a few moments during the Deputy Headmaster's introduction, closing her eyes, breathing in, breathing out...trying to center herself while listening. Don't get cocky, she tried to coach herself.

As the whistle blew, Mor took a final inhale in and mounted her broomstick, kicking off the ground in one fluid motion. She looked at the course that lay ahead, though not too far - one thing at a time, yes? The first one seemed easy enough...leaning into her broom, she took a breath in and held it, hoping there was nothing too wild about the hoop. It seemed too easy, just flying through a basic hoop. Where was the catch? Would it ignite as she flew through the middle?

She certainly hoped not.



Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 10+5 = 15


user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmail
^
Admin Lacey
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 12:33 AM
Quote
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Admin
28
Female
Muggle
Heterosexual
Single
None
Grand Poobah De Boink
��


Lucas Vanetti nearly clipped the edge of the ring, but made it through the first ring successfully.

Morana Vlcek flew through the first ring with ease.
PMEmail
^
Lucas Vanetti
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 03:21 AM
Quote
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Wizarding Adult
18
Male
Pure Blood
Heterosexual
Single
n/a
Unemployed
��


As soon as he took off for the first ring, Luke could feel that something was off. He'd pushed off too hard and a little too off to the side, resulting in him clipping the edge of the ring. While he'd managed to go through it wasn't as clean as one would have liked to be. In fact, given how easy it had looked to be it was almost embarrassing.

Luke regained his balance once he was past the first ring, turning his eyes toward the second one. This one would be more difficult. Still far from the hardest, but given how close he'd come to messing up already, he was beginning to question how his chances fared.

Closing his eyes, Luke envisioned the path ahead, trying to picture himself making past the next goal. He inhaled deeply, then exhaled, and then launched himself toward the next ring. And then all he could do was steer, and try to maintain his position enough where he made it though.

CHAMPS ◭ one down, time to try the next
BY MITZI

Dice Roll: 1d20+3: 9+3 = 12


PM
^
Daisi Prewitt
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 05:14 PM
Quote
Harp23CSTmature? Ask •
Beauxbatons: Mélancolique
16
Female
Half Blood
Demisexual
Single
N/A
Seventh Year
TROUPE DE THÉÂTRE - Set Design
��


As soon as it had dawned on Daisi that the third trial of SPELLCRAFT was going to be a test of physical strength and endurance, the tiny redhead seemed to shrink in on herself even more, if that were even possible. Daisi wrapped her arms around herself, presenting a meek and terrified image as she shuffled out onto the Quidditch Pitch with the rest of the champions. Granted, there was a chance that she wouldn't make a complete and utter fool of herself, but that chance was remarkably slim. Daisi was no athlete, though she knew her way around a broom.

She was going to be the laughing stock of Beauxbatons by dinnertime. Daisi could see herself eating alone for months to come, if not for the rest of her school career.

With a sigh, as soon as the whistle blew, she still seated herself on her broom and flew forward. There was nothing for this but to actually just try. It wasn't as though she could simply say "no" to any of this. Gritting her teeth, Daisi did her best to maintain a steady course, and to keep her balance on the broom as she went for the first ring.
intense sweating |


Dice Roll: 1d20+2: 13+2 = 15
PM
^
Morana Vlcek
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 08:35 PM
Quote
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Female
Unknown
Bisexual
Single
N/A
Unspeakable-in-Training
Underground Fighter
��


Mor flew through the first hoop without incident. She took a brief moment to check back over her shoulder to see if it had done anything - caught on fire, transformed into a hoop with teeth, shrank - but no, nothing was different about it. There had to be a catch...there just had to be...or else this challenge was too easy.

She doubted that were the case.

Tightening her grip on her broomstick, despite her fears that this would go awry at some point down the line, a look of smug satisfaction crossed her lips - or maybe it was just the euphoria that being on a broomstick flying through the air brought her - either way, she approached the second hoop, and without hesitation, aimed to go through it, hoping to do so with as much ease as the first one.



Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 10+5 = 15


user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmail
^
Asha Patel
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 01:17 PM
Quote
Lina??AZ/MSTmature? select •
Hogwarts: Ravenclaw
17
Female
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Engaged
Batuk Parekh
Hogwarts S.P.E.L.L.C.R.A.F.T. Champion
Seventh Year
Hogwarts Head Girl
Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain & Chaser
Dueling Club Member
Animagus-in-Training
��


Stepping out onto the oh so familiar Quidditch pitch, Asha smiled as the cool air bit at her cheeks. Her long hair was tied back in a tight braid, compliments of her best friend Aarti. She was now more than glad Aarti suggested to tie her hair back so it wouldn't be whipping in her face. As she listened to Professor Sauveterre explain the next trial, she glanced into the stands looking for familiar faces and smiling up at them. Seeing Aarti in the stands made her feel better but she wished to find the faces of Devraj and Batuk as well. Though, knowing they both had her back in this helped with everything.

Asha felt her heart leap in her chest with excitement as she was handed a broom. Flying?! Asha liked to think of herself as a great flyer. She had been playing quidditch forever, plus, she was the team captain. She also had help from her boys in flying and they didn't like to baby her which she knew made her better. Yup, she was a total badass and would wreck this trial. She watched the different rings as they did their thing in the air, moving quicker and getting smaller and more difficult with no discernible pattern. Maybe this would not be as easy as she initially hoped.

She looked up and down the line at the other competitors who have all proven themselves to be pretty amazing. Nodding and smiling at any who's eyes she met, Asha felt confident she may be able to outfly some of them but she tried to rein in her pride. She knew they could all prove to be more than a challenge. Hell, they already had all shown they were competent young wizards and witches. Asha knew she had to be on top of her game.

When motioned, Asha mounted her broom and began to focus on the rings. At the whistle, she took off quickly.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 7+5 = 12
PM
^
Admin Lacey
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 07:08 PM
Quote
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Admin
28
Female
Muggle
Heterosexual
Single
None
Grand Poobah De Boink
��


Daisi Prewitt and Asha Patel made it through the first ring]

Lucas Vanetti and Morana Vlcek made it through the second rings.
PMEmail
^
Lucas Vanetti
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 08:36 PM
Quote
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Wizarding Adult
18
Male
Pure Blood
Heterosexual
Single
n/a
Unemployed
��


Having made it through the second ring, Luke turned his sights to the next one. He was halfway there, though it felt like he had a lot more to do. Even more, if things went awry and he slipped up and missed. Trying not to think too much about failure, Luke worked to keep his gaze on the center of the ring. Hands gripped the broom handle tightly, as he launched himself at the next ring.
take it in your heart now, lover ◭
BY MITZI

Dice Roll: 1d20+3: 20+3 = 23


PM
^
Morana Vlcek
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:58 PM
Quote
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Female
Unknown
Bisexual
Single
N/A
Unspeakable-in-Training
Underground Fighter
��


Mor tried to not close her eyes as she began to pass through the second ring, figuring that actually seeing might be more helpful to her than clenching shut and just hoping and wishing that it turned out for her. She was still skeptical, anticipating for one of the hoops to close in around her or pull some other sort of trick. The second hoop was cleared just as the first one, however, no tricks or gimmicks. This is too easy, she thought to herself, a far cry from her reminder moments before to not get too cocky. Pressing onwards, she went for the third hoop, laying into her broomstick a bit more this time - though if it was to speed up or decrease her size to avoid being charred by a sudden ignition of the hoop, she wasn't sure. The only thing that she was sure of was that it had to be coming - something terrible, something painful. Practically anyone could fly through a basic hoop. It would take a SPELLCRAFT champion to get through a non-basic, more challenging one...with fire...or teeth...or jaws of doom. Whichever the ISS decided to throw at them...


Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 6+5 = 11


user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmail
^
Asha Patel
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 01:03 AM
Quote
Lina??AZ/MSTmature? select •
Hogwarts: Ravenclaw
17
Female
Half Blood
Heterosexual
Engaged
Batuk Parekh
Hogwarts S.P.E.L.L.C.R.A.F.T. Champion
Seventh Year
Hogwarts Head Girl
Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain & Chaser
Dueling Club Member
Animagus-in-Training
��


Asha smiled as she flew through the first loop. That was simple enough. She knew it wasn't going to get any easier but she also knew she was a good flyer. Ashe was a little nervous but did her best to push that downward. There were still people in front of her and knew the need to win could have her making mistakes. Focus, Asha. She approached the second ring, watching it closely before pushing forward.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 4+5 = 9
PM
^
Skye Morris
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 04:02 PM
Quote
Shark25ASTmature? Yes •
Media Personnel
18
Female
Half Blood
Pansexual
Flirting
None
Freelance Photographer
��


Skye Morris

Why did it have to be flying? Skye's thoughts jumbled together about the dangers that could happen, that might happen, and most likely will happen. She wasn't a flyer, not since the accident falling so many feet. Despite all this, she didn't want to fail her school. The guilt would be too much. Thankfully they provided the brooms, as Skye didn't even own one.

The nerves were getting to her however, worrying about flying up even a foot off the ground. Instead she watched the others fly ahead of her. She'd just have to work extra hard later to make up for this. Getting onto her broom, she exhaled and tried to remember the first time she flew. Kicking off the ground, she had started to fly, just a bit and not too quickly. She wasn't going to fly off at such high speeds. That leads to disaster, as she learned.

Flying towards the first ring, Skye hoped that she could keep control over this thing and not fall. Also not look down. That would be bad.

words - Champs - Skye does not like this

Dice Roll: 1d20+2: 18+2 = 20


user posted image
PM
^
Admin Lacey
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 07:43 PM
Quote
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Admin
28
Female
Muggle
Heterosexual
Single
None
Grand Poobah De Boink
��


Lucas Vanetti flies through the third ring so fast and cleanly that it’s truly impressive.

Morana Vlcek clips the side of the third ring, ending up passing to the right of it instead of through it. She must go back and try it again.

Asha Patel made it through the second ring, clipping it as she did so and losing a little momentum.

Skye Morris made it through the first ring, slowly but steadily.
PMEmail
^
Morana Vlcek
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 07:53 PM
Quote
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Female
Unknown
Bisexual
Single
N/A
Unspeakable-in-Training
Underground Fighter
��


"Damn it!" Mor yelled and cursed, her groove thrown off by her clumsily clipping the ring. Well, it didn't light up in flames or chomp down and bite her, which was a positive, but on the flip side, she needed to reattempt the ring now. Heaving a sigh, she looped around, lined herself up a bit more carefully this time, and accelerated forward, hoping to make it through this time. She certainly didn't want to waste any time on (what seemed to be, anyway) these easy hoops...


Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 3+5 = 8


user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmail
^
Admin Lacey
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:09 PM
Quote
Lacey28Centralmature? Yes •
Admin
28
Female
Muggle
Heterosexual
Single
None
Grand Poobah De Boink
��


Morana Vlcek missed the ring again.
PMEmail
^
Isaac Harrow
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote
Puff Queen30Easternmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Male
Unknown
I prefer not to answer
Single
None
Hit Wizard-in-Training
Hired Bodyguard
Werewolf
��


Flying. Flying wasn't 100% his thing. He did a lot of physical activities, but he was far more a bruiser type than Mor, and she was proving it as she had already taken off and was making good time through the rings. Until that third ring. He winced...twice as he mounted his broom and took off. She'd missed it twice. They were losing ground.

"Ler us go, Morana. We can do!" He yelled up to her, starting his run. He took off towards the first ring.

Dice Roll: 1d20+4: 1+4 = 5
PM
^
Chi Liao
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:15 PM
Quote
NyesciaIn 20Easternmature? Ask •
Beauxbatons: Sanguine
16
Male
Muggle Born
Heterosexual
Flirting
Seventh Year
Sanguine Beater
Haute Couture Member
Societe D
��


It was cold, but Chi didn't mind. He was so pumped for this next trial. He listened as the Hogwarts Headmaster started telling them what the first part of the trial consist of. All they had to do was fly through five rings. It seemed easy enough though Chi knew that it wouldn't be that easy. He turned to Daisi Prewitt and gave her a smile before getting on his broom.

He waited until he heard the signal before he took off on his broom. He then made his way to the first ring.

Dice Roll: 1d20+4: 6+4 = 10
PM
^
Morana Vlcek
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:18 PM
Quote
Corinne27HSTmature? Yes •
Ministry Official
17
Female
Unknown
Bisexual
Single
N/A
Unspeakable-in-Training
Underground Fighter
��


A terrible, frustrated screech escaped Mor's lips this time as she missed the hoop - again. Ok, she was convinced that there was some sort of gravitational pull associated with this one. Gritting her teeth angrily, she rounded about again, and went for the hoop a third time. The third time had better be a God damn charm, she thought to herself.


Dice Roll: 1d20+5: 15+5 = 20


user posted image
[ thank you CRYSTAL! ]
PMEmail
^
Lucas Vanetti
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:26 PM
Quote
Crystal27CSTmature? Yes •
Wizarding Adult
18
Male
Pure Blood
Heterosexual
Single
n/a
Unemployed
��


He'd made it through the third ring. Luke took a moment to breath a sigh of relief, before turning on to the next one. Once more his eyes carefully studied it, trying to carefully watch how it moved and when. Adjusting himself on the broom he shot himself forward staring intently at the hoop.
take it in your heart now, lover ◭
BY MITZI

Dice Roll: 1d20+3: 18+3 = 21


PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

VOTE FOR US!
Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay Top RP Sites RP Lovers Vote for Finite Incantatem at Top Site List Planet
STATIC AFFILIATES
The Beginning HOS Hogwarts For Eternity FIDELIUS
SCROLLING AFFILIATES

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.